The Student Room Group

I need to lose weight/look thinner/more toned in 5 DAYS!

I am being re-united with an ex boyfriend next Monday who I haven't seen in over a year and it's fair to say I have let myself go a bit in that past year...

I want to get fitter and tone up anyway in the long term, but didn't realise I would be seeing my ex so soon.

I am going to try and not eat dinner for the next few days but will that really make a difference? I have a mini cross-trainer in my room I can use as well and have a turbo trainer in the family home. I am still only a size 8/10 but am somewhat flabby, I suppose, so I just need to look a little less like that if possible.

Are there any ways I can look a little better in such a short period of time?

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Judging by your name, bend over and let me do the rest.
Reply 2
take diuretics, but its really not healthy. you aren't gonna lose much weight by not eating much in just 5 days
Reply 3
Try growing up a little.

It might help in a variety of areas of your life :top:
Reply 4
I tried to detox for a few days by the rule of whenever I felt hungry, I would drink a smoothie or a cup of tea and supplemented my nutiriton with Vitamin tablets. It was tough but I looked loads less bloated.

You won't be able to tone up in that amount of time, but if you do loads on your cross trainer and turbotrainer (especially), then your muscles can swell for a couple of days after exercising giving the illusion that you're toned, even though it will wear down after a couple of days.

Be healthy though, don't do anything stupid just for an ex.
Reply 5
Thats not going to happen my friend.
Reply 6
Impossible. Sorry.
Reply 7
You will not get toned in 5 days, especially by skipping meals that's gonna improve the effect you are noticing right now. But if you really wanna do something eat 6 light meals a day, make full body exercises in the 2nd and 4th day and jogg the rest if you should do it right you will loose up to 1,5kg maybe, but atleast it's gonna be fat not muscles that are burned cuz of lack of good nutrition. GL
Reply 8
Sounds like you're wanting the impossible.

You won't be losing a significant amount of weight in 5 days, and not eating will probably make you look ill. Just eat healthily, loads of fruit and veg.

Might be able to make yourself a little more perky if you start exercising too, just go for a light run every night, and rest if your legs hurt.
In 5 days, the best you can do is temporary. To look thinner in the next week, avoid all salts. They cause you to retain water. By not consuming them, you lose the water weight that your body has been holding in.
It is also possible to lose around 1-2 pounds by then. Eat steamed veggies, fruits, lean meats and NO JUNK.
You need to change your lifestyle in the long term, you're not going to get any amazing results in 5 days. All you can do is all the little tricks like there are bath salts that you can bathe in that draw water out of your body for instant weight loss, body wraps, go for a sauna etc, but that's only water weight and will go pretty much straight back on.. you're not going to be able to burn much fat in 5 days!
if u dont eat...you will probably faint in front of ur ex which will be worse than looking fat...
Reply 12
Original post by Analbeauty
I am being re-united with an ex boyfriend next Monday who I haven't seen in over a year and it's fair to say I have let myself go a bit in that past year...

I want to get fitter and tone up anyway in the long term, but didn't realise I would be seeing my ex so soon.

I am going to try and not eat dinner for the next few days but will that really make a difference? I have a mini cross-trainer in my room I can use as well and have a turbo trainer in the family home. I am still only a size 8/10 but am somewhat flabby, I suppose, so I just need to look a little less like that if possible.

Are there any ways I can look a little better in such a short period of time?

Thank you!

Sleep early, eat healthy, do a lot of exercise, wake up early and do some jogging in the fresh air (well, in London there isn't anything like 'fresh air', but still try it), do some cycling before dinner, eat dinner early, don't eat anything at least 2 hours before sleeping, drink a lot...

Think of this: The more you eat, the more exercise you'll need. So either reduce your food with the same amount of exercise, or increase your exercise with the same amount of food.
Just wear them Spanx pant things and cleverly do your makeup to make your face appear slimmer.
It's stupid to skip meals because your body will hang onto the fat am I correct healthy experts?

To be honest it's pointless stressing, you're not going to make a noticeable difference in 5 days without overdoing it.
Reply 15
My friend swears by clingfilm. Wrap your torso, thighs or upper arms in it, whatever you want to look more toned, and go for a run. Essentially all it does is lose you water from your skin, but you can drop a dress size or two. It can't be good for you, but its a temporary fix. :dontknow:
If all else fails you could always go with Bridget Jones style control pants :wink:
Reply 16
The most actual FAT you can lose in one week is 2 pounds. More than that, and you're losing water and precious lean muscle tissue (which is difficult to get back). Adjust your eating to include more vegetables and less breads and junk foods, exercise and increase your water consumption. You'll lose weight over time.

Crash dieting just hurts your body, and when the pounds come back, they bring their friends
My friend swears by clingfilm. Wrap your torso, thighs or upper arms in it, whatever you want to look more toned, and go for a run

Analbeauty
I am still only a size 8/10

Wtf. Why do you need to lose weight?!

Don't stop eating, it'll make you look fatigued.. and you probably don't really need to lose any weight tbh. Maybe you could try what Arielle said about toning up but seriously losing weight at that kind of speed (or at all at your size!) will just make you look ill :smile:
Your joking right?

Quick Reply

Latest