The Student Room Group

Anyone need any help with of mice and men?

If you have any good points on any of the characters it would really help me and anyone who reads this for the exam tomorrow! here are some things i have on the characters so please feel free to add to them :smile:

Lennie
-is emotionally unaffected by death which makes him capable of murder.

-lacks caution and cannot learn from his mistakes "your gunna make yourself sick like you was last night" and the reader feels past violent events may repeat themselves.

-is mirrored by the animals he accidentally kills, especially the puppy which is infantile and helpless.

-is a benefit to the farm and the characters, especially crooks whom he helps by listening, but also poses a large threat to the farm and work hands on the farm. this is depicted by Steinbeck describing how he snorts "like a horse" depicting his uses but also how he drags his feet "the way a bear drags its paws". the bear symbolizes lennie aggressive side which we see when he threatens crooks.

-has no moral compass and gauge's right and wrong by how George will react and the consequence of not being allowed to "tend the rabbit".

-seen by everyone apart from slim as just "a big guy" but slim instantly see's his disability.

- is the foundation for the american dream (of the farm and the rabbits) as the farm is a dream made through George and Lennie's unity and friendship. a place where nothing threatens their friendship.

-symbolized by the snake "moving its head like a periscope" which is swallowed by the beak of a heron, heron being a symbol for fate.

-is used to depict the predatory nature of man, a common theme in the novel, as many characters in the book attack lennie physically and mentally. the biggest perpetrator of this being curly who attacks lennie who is unable to fend for himself. candy understands this but is took weak to voice his opinion to the others.

-gives George individuality as "men like us, are the unhappyiest people in the world"

those are some things i have on Lennie, but if anyone has any good points please put them down otherwise we will get ****ed by the long black dick of AQA!

i also have things on curlys wife, slim, curly and other characters.
Reply 1
Original post by SebastianTindall
If you have any good points on any of the characters it would really help me and anyone who reads this for the exam tomorrow! here are some things i have on the characters so please feel free to add to them :smile:

Lennie
-is emotionally unaffected by death which makes him capable of murder.

-lacks caution and cannot learn from his mistakes "your gunna make yourself sick like you was last night" and the reader feels past violent events may repeat themselves.

-is mirrored by the animals he accidentally kills, especially the puppy which is infantile and helpless.

-is a benefit to the farm and the characters, especially crooks whom he helps by listening, but also poses a large threat to the farm and work hands on the farm. this is depicted by Steinbeck describing how he snorts "like a horse" depicting his uses but also how he drags his feet "the way a bear drags its paws". the bear symbolizes lennie aggressive side which we see when he threatens crooks.

-has no moral compass and gauge's right and wrong by how George will react and the consequence of not being allowed to "tend the rabbit".

-seen by everyone apart from slim as just "a big guy" but slim instantly see's his disability.

- is the foundation for the american dream (of the farm and the rabbits) as the farm is a dream made through George and Lennie's unity and friendship. a place where nothing threatens their friendship.

-symbolized by the snake "moving its head like a periscope" which is swallowed by the beak of a heron, heron being a symbol for fate.

-is used to depict the predatory nature of man, a common theme in the novel, as many characters in the book attack lennie physically and mentally. the biggest perpetrator of this being curly who attacks lennie who is unable to fend for himself. candy understands this but is took weak to voice his opinion to the others.

-gives George individuality as "men like us, are the unhappyiest people in the world"

those are some things i have on Lennie, but if anyone has any good points please put them down otherwise we will get ****ed by the long black dick of AQA!

i also have things on curlys wife, slim, curly and other characters.

:lolwut:
On a serious note, AQA do like ****ing us over. Good luck with the rest of your exams!
Do you think there will be a question on slim?
Reply 3
Original post by SebastianTindall
Do you think there will be a question on slim?

Sorry, I'm not doing GCSE's. Though there's no reason why you shouldn't recap your knowledge on all characters and concepts displayed in the book.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending