The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE English Literature - OMAM

Hi, currently getting a low/mid grade 8 in my English lit, I am easily attaining 25/30 and other high marks in the poetry section of the paper however I am struggling with the of mice and men part(24/40). Any tips on how to revise Of Mice and Men and how to structure my essay/what to include to get higher marks
Original post by hussainw1232
Hi, currently getting a low/mid grade 8 in my English lit, I am easily attaining 25/30 and other high marks in the poetry section of the paper however I am struggling with the of mice and men part(24/40). Any tips on how to revise Of Mice and Men and how to structure my essay/what to include to get higher marks

I don't do OMAM, I do To Kill a Mockingbird but in terms of structure my teacher said for character questions, write 1 paragraph for each theme that the character relates to and for thematic questions, write one paragraph for each character that relates to the theme. 3 main body paragraphs with an introduction and conclusion. Remember to always link analysis back to the writer's purpose. Unfortunately I can't provide further help because I'm not great at English myself, but that's how people who are getting grade 9s in my class structure their essays.
Reply 2
u need to make sure u show an understanding of the WHOLE play so draw on lots of different parts and add context this is really important as it helps you show the writers intention and explain thoughtfully and intentionally the effects of the writer language, use key words and connotations used in the methods you are explaining to further explain how the image and point you are making is conveyed, and link it all back to your point and the question.
good luck everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending