The Student Room Group

2013 Entry Senior Status LLB

Hello,

I'm applying for the affiliated LLB at Queen Mary (they usually ask for a 2.1) in the net UCAS cycle, and looking to move onto the BVC after. I've got a few questions about my chances.

I'm currently at the end of my 2nd year of a non-law (Film Studies) degree at Kingston University. I passed with a 1st last year and it's looking the same for my second year marks.

Although I got high GCSE results, my A-Levels are embarrassingly bad, leaving me with a CDE set of results to work with.

Compensating them, I've been a regular mooter in both high school and Uni (competing in a few national tournaments) and have a near perfect run of 1sts during the last two years of university.

I'm applying for my first batch of work experience over this summer before I apply for Queen Mary. Assuming I get a week or two in a local firm, how do the devilishly handsome browsers of the Student Room rate my chances of a successful application to the LLB?
Reply 1
If you're looking at a first when you graduate from Kingston I think that's all to the good it does at least show that you are working hard to rectify the problems of your A-Levels / GCSEs.

UCAS doesn't let you put your university grades by year down just your overall degree mark which can either be predicted or confirmed.

I think you have a fairly good chance it might be worth contacting Jeremy Luz, the admissions officer, who's very friendly.
Reply 2
Original post by Socratex
Hello,

I'm applying for the affiliated LLB at Queen Mary (they usually ask for a 2.1) in the net UCAS cycle, and looking to move onto the BVC after. I've got a few questions about my chances.

I'm currently at the end of my 2nd year of a non-law (Film Studies) degree at Kingston University. I passed with a 1st last year and it's looking the same for my second year marks.

Although I got high GCSE results, my A-Levels are embarrassingly bad, leaving me with a CDE set of results to work with.

Compensating them, I've been a regular mooter in both high school and Uni (competing in a few national tournaments) and have a near perfect run of 1sts during the last two years of university.

I'm applying for my first batch of work experience over this summer before I apply for Queen Mary. Assuming I get a week or two in a local firm, how do the devilishly handsome browsers of the Student Room rate my chances of a successful application to the LLB?

As above, email them see what they say.

Just for the future when applying to firms make sure you avoid any with A Level filters (on their website it will say something along the lines of AAB or ABB), because otherwise you might end up spending a long time filling in an application form only for it to be be binned by the system without a human being ever seeing it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending