The Student Room Group

Student Finance - how many years?

Hi.

I have completed 2 years at a university and had tuition fees for 2 years from Student finance but have decided to leave as the course and uni were not for me.

I would like to begin a completely new degree course and would need funding for a tuition fee for 3 more years but do not need a maintenance loan as I could afford to live.

Would SF fund a TUITION fee to me in these circumstances?

Thank you.
Original post by Blackpanda17
Hi.

I have completed 2 years at a university and had tuition fees for 2 years from Student finance but have decided to leave as the course and uni were not for me.

I would like to begin a completely new degree course and would need funding for a tuition fee for 3 more years but do not need a maintenance loan as I could afford to live.

Would SF fund a TUITION fee to me in these circumstances?

Thank you.

I'm afraid not, they only give you the length of an undergraduate course plus one "gift year"- so you could drop out in first year and get a new tuition fee loan but not any later. However you would be entitled to a maintenance loan so you could take that out to cover at least part of your tuition fees?
Reply 2
Student finance don't give X amount of years funding.

It is based on a formula, which is:

New course length + 1 year - previous HE study

Previous study is counted regardless how that study was financed.

In your particular circumstances, with 2 years previous study you would be entitled to a maintenance loan only for your first year, and full funding for subsequent years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending