The Student Room Group

Should I mention this?

I want to go in to medicine, preferably at Cambridge but I know that is quite unlikely :P
Anyway, I'm writing my personal statement, and am wondering whether I should mention the fact that I've been moved up a year on it or not?
Because I'm still only 15 I'm thinking that mentioning that I'm young and still managing fairly well etc will help, and also explain why I haven't got any work experience yet.To be honest, I think that once you've adapted to the work load, it's no harder for younger people than it is for people at the right age, but I'm trying to big myself up :L

I just wondered whether it was something I should mention, especially as an explanation for having no medical-related work experience?

Thanks!!
WTF?! You're 15 and applying for medicine at cambridge?!
Reply 2
they'll be able to see from your application how old you are. They won't hold it against you in any case, my friend in starting law and german law at oxford this september, and she's 17 until December. The only thing is you will probably have to meet with a counciller to see how you are adjusting, get parents to sign permission for things etc... no big deal really.
Reply 3
yeah you should mention it as most medical schools look for work experience as part of the application. you can get experience in other places, i volunteered at a special needs school and a nursing home (helping out with crossword evenings etc). you could also look at joining st johns, i think they do a separate one for younger people. youve got to at least get something otherwise the med schools just wont take your application seriously.
goo luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending