The Student Room Group

Personal Statement

Hi, so basically I applied for University in year 21/22, got an offer got into uni, but halfway through the uni I dropped out due to mental health problems. Then, year 22/23 I took on a gap year, and as of right now I'm applying for uni in the 2nd round of applications from 25th Jan - 30th June. My question is: If I re-use my old personal statement, and update my experience section, should I also mention about my few months at uni, or should I focus only on my gap year and what I have learned from it? Thanks for the help :smile:
You don't have to mention it in your PS unless you want to

You MUST list your time at university in your education history. Plus if you passed any modules then they should be listed as qualifications (undergraduate credit).
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You don't have to mention it in your PS unless you want to

You MUST list your time at university in your education history. Plus if you passed any modules then they should be listed as qualifications (undergraduate credit).

I doubt I passed any modules, from what I recall. But, yes I have listed my time at the other uni, and that's about it, rest I left it blank as I didn't get any credits. Also, in my PS do you think is wise to mention about that few months at uni, or solely focus on my 22/23 gap year?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by note9999
I doubt I passed any modules, from what I recall. But, yes I have listed my time at the other uni, and that's about it, rest I left it blank as I didn't get any credits. Also, in my PS do you think is wise to mention about that few years at uni, or solely focus on my 22/23 gap year?

Also, sorry forgot to mention my reference will be given by my employer, so I'm even more confused whether I should add anything from my gap year, if my employer is going to talk about similar things in my reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending