The Student Room Group

NGDP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Same here - I thought we don't make our preference options until after the open days?

Haven't been sent the form yet anyway so not sure how preferences could have been made already!
Who's going to the Information Day in London tomorrow??
Hey there! Been a lurker for a while, but am very happy to be through to the final stage!

I'm going to the Information Day tomorrow in London and so far haven't used the knowledge hub as I've been sitting my final exams - have people found it useful? I signed up today but have a feeling I won't be able to go on it until after the information day.
How are people feeling about interviews? I'm interviewing at my first and third preference. I got the timetable for one of the days and it looks pretty intense! Eak!
I have three interviews - one is with my second council preference, the others are in my preferred region. I feel the same! I got the timetable for one of mine as well.... although I guess the tours and lunch is more for our benefit/ to ask questions/ gather some context?????. I am a bit confused about this 'best fit' thing as well.... am I right in thinking it is more about our interest in the specific council and our motivation for local government, and that we won't get many competency questions???
So we should be hearing back from councils soon. It's a nervous wait!! How did people feel their interviews went? One of mine was really relaxed and the other was tough! I really can't tell...
Reply 926
The wait is seriously killing me!

Do we have any idea about the format in which we are told? Unsure as to whether we get e-mails regarding individual councils (similar to how the interview allocations were done) or an e-mail with the decisions of all of the councils we got interviewed by!

Hopefully (good!) news in the next few days :smile:
Reply 927
This wait is definitely the hardest of the lot - good luck everyone! As the council's had to let the NGDP know by today who they wanted, I'm assuming we'll get just one email from the NGDP with all the offers?

The interviews were actually much less stressful and more relaxed than I was expecting, but for all three I did there were 6 candidates for a single place... Not great odds!
I think they'll probably send one email about all of the places. I presume they'll email people with more than one offer first as they will have to choose. Then the ones that get turned down will be reallocated... Although the more I think about it, the more complex it seems. Hmm....

I hate the wait- I'm refreshing my emails over and over!!
Original post by frighteninglightning
I think they'll probably send one email about all of the places. I presume they'll email people with more than one offer first as they will have to choose. Then the ones that get turned down will be reallocated... Although the more I think about it, the more complex it seems. Hmm....

I hate the wait- I'm refreshing my emails over and over!!

I'm not sure it's worth refreshing! I got a phone call from them this morning to tell me my results followed by an email afterwards. And I don't really have multiple choices: one firm offer and put down by two other councils as a back up choice. Not sure how they're working through candidates, but I'd recommend keeping your phone on... Hope that helps!
Thanks for the info- it's really helpful . Super nervous as I haven't heard but they did say they would be contacting people all week. Congratulations on your job offer GardenHose! Is it the one you were hoping for? Well done!!
Reply 931
Still no news here, getting ridiculously worried now :s-smilie:

Congratulations on the offer GardenHose! Interesting that you got a call as well as an email - surely they're not calling every person on the programme?!
Reply 932
Got my response yesterday - good news thankfully! I think they are actually calling everyone - I got a voicemail saying they had my results and to ring back. Email sent after you've spoken to the NGDP people. So keep your phone handy!

Only two working days to decide which council you want (if you get multiple offers), not long at all really, for such a big decision!
Reply 933
Ah okay - so not long to make a choice! And congratulations on the offer! :smile:

Starting to think that no news may be bad news afterall :frown: Do you mind me asking which council made you an offer?
Reply 934
I wouldn't start to worry yet! There must be a lot of candidates to get through. They rang very end of the day yesterday, so it's obviously taking them a while - possibly the whole week. And if someone's the council's second choice, with such a short turn-around time, there's a pretty big chance they'll hear back as well end of this week/start of next.
(edited 9 years ago)
I haven't heard yet either. Maybe they are doing it by region.... Trying not to get too worried! Presumably they phone you either way so I doubt no news is bad news. It's just horrible having to wait! Congrats ppw123 :smile:
I have heard that I was unsuccessful at all of the councils I interviewed with :frown: Quite gutted.
Aww Rebecca1777 that's such a shame. There is still the talent pool though. One of the NMT I met at an interview said a number of people from cohort15 got their place through the talent pool. I'm on the reserve list, so still waiting.
Yeah, I was really upset. Yeah, I guess so, not holding out much hope for that though.
[QUOTE="rebecca1777;48427440"]I have heard that I was unsuccessful at all of the councils I interviewed with :frown: Quite gutted.[/QUOTE

Don't give up hope apparently there's nearly the same amount of places as there are people, so you've still got a fairly good shot! I can't remember the exact stats, you could email and ask, but i remember them being very encouraging! The LGA has already decided you're good enough, so really they want someone to take you!

I also met two people at interview who'd got through via the talent pool. A lot of councils join the scheme late and use it. You may even get one of the councils you've interviewed at if someone else turns them down. I think it's taking longer than intended to sort everyone out - I only got the phone call this morning. I was so sure it was a 'no' given how long it had taken, but I got multiple yeses instead! If everyone gets 48 hours and some people get multiple offers, there's still a way to go before things get sorted. Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending