The Student Room Group

SIP (previously known as SDIP)

I wanted to make a thread for SIP 2022/23 applicants to share their application journey:smile: How's everything going?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did the online tests over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything :/ how did you do?
Reply 2
Original post by Mgs377
I did the online tests over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything :/ how did you do?

Same, but I know they have to wait for all applicants to have finished the online tests to create the cut-off point. If the last day was 22nd, that means by 27th all online test must be done. I'm assuming end of this year or early Jan we'll find out if we get onto the next stage
(edited 1 year ago)
I've applied for both SIP and fast stream as im in final year :smile: Just finished my online assessment today!
I did my tests 2 days after applications opened, I emailed the fast stream people and they said they are doing pass marks by the end of late January. So hopefully in the next two weeks we get accepted or rejected
Original post by confusedninja
I did my tests 2 days after applications opened, I emailed the fast stream people and they said they are doing pass marks by the end of late January. So hopefully in the next two weeks we get accepted or rejected

Oooh thanks for letting us know! I'm very impatient haha!
Reply 6
Thank you for posting this! I was worried looking at the fast stream thread but I'm guessing SIP is a totally different process?
Original post by confusedninja
Reply 7
Original post by Mgs377
Thank you for posting this! I was worried looking at the fast stream thread but I'm guessing SIP is a totally different process?

Same aha, but it’s assessed separately to the fast stream. App this year is a little less competitive to previous years due to late announcement and very small window space to apply. But who know really!
Reply 8
I think some results have been announced on test? Has anyone found out?
Logged in this morning and my status for the online tests has changed to unsuccessful... 😢

Thought I'd include my feedback for the tests:
WSQ 1 - A lot of alignment (higher than majority of candidates)
SJQ - Strong capability (high range compared to other candidates)
Numerical - Good capability (higher than majority of candidates)
WSQ 2 - Average (preference about learning as most other applicants)

Really gutted about it but seems like the second work-style questionnaire (the one about learning) is weighted greater maybe..? (Thought I should also say I didn't receive any email about the results) - good luck to everyone else!
Reply 10
Original post by ijk28310
Logged in this morning and my status for the online tests has changed to unsuccessful... 😢

Really gutted about it but seems like the second work-style questionnaire (the one about learning) is weighted greater maybe..? (Thought I should also say I didn't receive any email about the results) - good luck to everyone else!

Those are really good results that is so strange that you didn’t get through??? and it states on each test that it’s the overall mark.
I’m thought results was going to come out late jan
Original post by ogo123
Those are really good results that is so strange that you didn’t get through??? and it states on each test that it’s the overall mark.
I’m thought results was going to come out late jan

No idea 🤷 (yh I was quite pleased with the feedback so was hoping to at least make it to the telephone interview round...). Though I must say I am rather inclined to email in to see if I can find out any additional info (considering that we were told that we'd get an email notifying us of our results). From the FAQs on the website, it does say that results will come in periodically though I don't get how that's the case if it's a simple pass/fail threshold mark
(edited 1 year ago)
just got my results back and i’ve been unsuccessful and not taken to interview 💔

my results were:

WSQ1 - mostly aligned
SJQ - above average
NT - higher than majority
WSQ2 - average

i also got average for wsq2 and got rejected so maybe it does have a high weighting !!
Reply 14
Original post by chlxe88
just got my results back and i’ve been unsuccessful and not taken to interview 💔

my results were:

WSQ1 - mostly aligned
SJQ - above average
NT - higher than majority
WSQ2 - average

Hey, I got the exact same as was unsuccessful as well!
Oh well, maybe next year haha. I’ll leave this thread open for maybe other successful applicants💓
i’m so sorry for you!! although it makes me feel a lot better knowing other people are in the same position, it’s okay we’ll get them in 2024 💪🏻
Original post by ogo123
Hey, I got the exact same as was unsuccessful as well!
Oh well, maybe next year haha. I’ll leave this thread open for maybe other successful applicants💓
Reply 16
Original post by chlxe88
i’m so sorry for you!! although it makes me feel a lot better knowing other people are in the same position, it’s okay we’ll get them in 2024 💪🏻

Yes we got this!
It’s so strange tho that people have got lower scores for the fast stream but still passed onto the next stage. Maybe SIP is more cut throat as it’s straight to interviews.

Do you know anyone who has passed the online yet for SIP
It does seem like that's the case..! Does seem quite unfair though to sift people out based on their learning preferences...

Commiserations - but yh slightly reassuring to know there are others in the same situation (though also very strange... what sort of results does one need to get through to the telephone interview!?)
Original post by chlxe88
i also got average for wsq2 and got rejected so maybe it does have a high weighting !!
Original post by ogo123
Yes we got this!
It’s so strange tho that people have got lower scores for the fast stream but still passed onto the next stage. Maybe SIP is more cut throat as it’s straight to interviews.

Do you know anyone who has passed the online yet for SIP

Was just about to say that! Really strange indeed.... I know a few others who were unsuccessful as well - and we all did a placement in the CS last summer so was kind of hoping it'd give us an advantage of some form... clearly not!
Reply 19
Was just about to say that! Really strange indeed.... I know a few others who were unsuccessful as well - and we all did a placement in the CS last summer so was kind of hoping it'd give us an advantage of some form... clearly not!

I’m just confused how people with significantly lower scores have gotten through in fast stream (+ it’s not like we got below average + fast stream is more competitive)… very strange indeed, oh well! on to the next :smile:

Do you know anyone who has passed ?

Quick Reply

Latest