The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme - 2023 start

Hi everyone, thought I'd start a thread on the NHS GMTS since I can't find one for this year's hopefuls :smile: Anyone applied yet?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I have just finished mine, how about you?
Reply 2
Hi :smile: just about to do the stage one online assessment - in the email with the link to the assessment it says "Before taking part in your assessment with us we recommend you visit our website to complete some practice assessments", but I can't find any strengths based practice assessments online? Does anyone know how to find them? Thanks!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by r1505
Hi :smile: just about to do the stage one online assessment - in the email with the link to the assessment it says "Before taking part in your assessment with us we recommend you visit our website to complete some practice assessments", but I can't find any strengths based practice assessments online? Does anyone know how to find them? Thanks!

I think it’s just in the behaviour section, it has similar questions
I applied yesterday and just completed the Online Assessment
Reply 5
Original post by aish777
I think it’s just in the behaviour section, it has similar questions

Thanks, just completed the assessment and thought it was really interesting, but definitely took me longer than the 40 minutes that they suggested! Good luck everyone :smile:
I applied a few days ago , and got my report back yesterday for the online assessment.

What's everyone applied for and what location?
(edited 1 year ago)
I’ll be applying soon. Policy and Strategy for London and Leeds. Good luck everyone! Are the tests similar to last year?
Reply 8
I applied for HR, put my location preferences as North West, Midlands and North East :smile:
Original post by BlowinInTheWind
I’ll be applying soon. Policy and Strategy for London and Leeds. Good luck everyone! Are the tests similar to last year?

No idea , it's my first year applying but there's some analytical questions that you use graphs and information to answer . The other are just what your preferred working styles are
Reply 10
Just got my feedback report - slightly disheartened by my "Area of development" but hoping it's not the end of the world! 😅
Original post by r1505
Just got my feedback report - slightly disheartened by my "Area of development" but hoping it's not the end of the world! 😅

My top two strengths were resilience and critical reasoning. My area of development was flex so I'm not sure if that's good or not 😅
Reply 12
Original post by wildxstuart
My top two strengths were resilience and critical reasoning. My area of development was flex so I'm not sure if that's good or not 😅

I got flex and critical reasoning as my strengths and resilience as my area of development 😂 suppose all of the categories are things they look for so everyone's area of development is gonna be a bit disconcerting I think! Now we wait 🤞🏼
Original post by r1505
I got flex and critical reasoning as my strengths and resilience as my area of development 😂 suppose all of the categories are things they look for so everyone's area of development is gonna be a bit disconcerting I think! Now we wait 🤞🏼

I hope the wait isn't really long
Quick q for everyone. So I kind of regret the preferences I made for the jobs. I put Health Informatics as my first, then HR and then general management as the disclaimer for Health Analysis really spooked me in terms of the amount of preference made for that particular programme.

Realised I messed up and should have put Health Analysis as my first, then Informatics and HR (Odds are I wouldn't take the management scheme if I were to have gotten through to the offer stage.)

Do I have any luck in getting this switched or should I just carry on??

Thanks! :smile:
HI all, I am yet to apply. and hoping to apply this weekend.

Does the application form include questions to answer because I'm wondering why it takes 40 mins to fill.

Also is the strength bases assessment SJT and number and verbal test? or some form of test and can anyone please elaborate on it?

Thanks
I’ll start my application tonight and I hope to be as successful as Labour are in the polls right now 😄.
Original post by Ninja_Rose
Quick q for everyone. So I kind of regret the preferences I made for the jobs. I put Health Informatics as my first, then HR and then general management as the disclaimer for Health Analysis really spooked me in terms of the amount of preference made for that particular programme.

Realised I messed up and should have put Health Analysis as my first, then Informatics and HR (Odds are I wouldn't take the management scheme if I were to have gotten through to the offer stage.)

Do I have any luck in getting this switched or should I just carry on??

Thanks! :smile:

I would maybe try to call them and see if you could get it changed?

Good Luck 🤞
Reply 18
HAS anyone heard back from them after completing the first assessment and feedback report?
Original post by rexop2
HAS anyone heard back from them after completing the first assessment and feedback report?

Nope not yet 😬 hopefully it won’t take too long

Quick Reply

Latest