The Student Room Group

Overpaid loan affecting future finance?

I withdrew from my course at the end of the second term in my first year. I did an internal transfer and am going back in September to start a new course.
However, I was still given my maintenance loan for the 3rd term even though I didn't attend. I dropped out mainly due to depression and anxiety and disillusionment with my course, and I had no idea that I'd have to pay back the maintenance loan because I thought that seeing that it was a loan and not a grant, it would just be added to the debt I'd have to pay back after graduating.
However, I've since learned that they might ask for it back. I've spent all of it :/
I have recently applied for funding for my new course. Will this outstanding loan amount mean that SFE will refuse my application for more money?
I'd be happy to set up a repayment plan for the money I'm not entitled to. But I'm really worried that they won't give me any maintenance money until I've paid back what I owe, which will take ages.
Advice please :c
Hello,

We recommend you call our Loan Overpayment team on 0300 100 0628 to set up a repayment plan for your Loan Overpayment.

In the meantime, if you have yet to do so, please submit your application for student finance in the academic year 2014/15. Providing you have made arrangements to clear any outstanding overpayments, you should have your 2014/15 application approved.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to reply to this thread or call us on 0300 100 0607.

We wish you the best of luck in your future studies.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending