The Student Room Group

Applying for a new student loan with overpayments from a previous loan.

Hi,

I am currently in the process of registering for a university course and I am planning to pay for it using a part time tuition loan.

To give some background I studied for a brief period at another university but withdrew in my first year. I have seen online that other people have managed to apply for a second loan after going through the same process as me.

I have received letters stating that I had been overpaid by student finance which I have already settled and started monthly repayments for.

However I read somewhere that you will be ineligible for a student loan if have received overpayments with the student loans company.

Can someone help me clarify this? I'm in the process of applying for a course and I can't go ahead with it without knowing if I'm eligible for another student loan or not.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Grilbus
Hi,
I am currently in the process of registering for a university course and I am planning to pay for it using a part time tuition loan.
To give some background I studied for a brief period at another university but withdrew in my first year. I have seen online that other people have managed to apply for a second loan after going through the same process as me.
I have received letters stating that I had been overpaid by student finance which I have already settled and started monthly repayments for.
However I read somewhere that you will be ineligible for a student loan if have received overpayments with the student loans company.
Can someone help me clarify this? I'm in the process of applying for a course and I can't go ahead with it without knowing if I'm eligible for another student loan or not.
Hi there. If you have an overpayment balance this does not make you ineligible for another loan. Provided you only have 1 year of previous study you will be eligible for full Maintenance Loan and Tuition Fee funding. Thanks, David
Reply 2
Original post by David SLC
Hi there. If you have an overpayment balance this does not make you ineligible for another loan. Provided you only have 1 year of previous study you will be eligible for full Maintenance Loan and Tuition Fee funding. Thanks, David

Thanks you! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to apply for another loan, but it looks like I was just misinformed. Thank you David!
Original post by Grilbus
Thanks you! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to apply for another loan, but it looks like I was just misinformed. Thank you David!

You're welcome, have a nice day! Thanks, David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending