The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
You would most likely be based in the spelling and grammar dungeon.

EDIT: Try posting this in the Durham sub-forum, I assume there is one :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
There are loads of threads about this :smile:
Reply 3
hey well im at queens campus and live in colelge,
so far it is great!!
the campus is close to the town center so theres plenty of shops such as new look, debhanams, matalan. for food theres a market on a wednesday and satarday, plus lots of student budget freindly shops like iceland and home bargins. the campus itself is very modern, all the lecture halls are of a good size and the facilties are good. the colleges are near the main teaching blocks aswell so there not to far to travel.
i was rather nervous about stockton as a place however were the campus is and the area actually is not that bad. its obviously no watercolour or anything but despite what some people say ( who most likely have never been to the campus) Queens is actually a lovely place, the people are down to earth, the staff are so freidnly and helpful and you can literally wake up at 8.50 and get to your in oclock lectures if you live in stephenson,
hope this helps!!
Reply 4
ashleyann
so far it is great!!
the campus is close to the town center so theres plenty of shops such as new look, debhanams, matalan. for food theres a market on a wednesday and satarday, plus lots of student budget freindly shops like iceland and home bargins. the campus itself is very modern, all the lecture halls are of a good size and the facilties are good. the colleges are near the main teaching blocks aswell so there not to far to travel.
i was rather nervous about stockton as a place however were the campus is and the area actually is not that bad. its obviously no watercolour or anything but despite what some people say ( who most likely have never been to the campus) Queens is actually a lovely place, the people are down to earth, the staff are so freidnly and helpful and you can literally wake up at 8.50 and get to your in oclock lectures if you live in stephenson,
hope this helps!!

Same here, I'm in Laming block. Stockton isn't as bad as everyone seems to make it out to be, but I suppose it's what you're used to. There's loads of rivalry between Stevo and Snow, but generally people don't take it too far. It's mainly just chanting and random put-downs.
ashleyann
so far it is great!!
hope this helps!!

Agreed!
I was abit worried before i came because of everything i had heard, but people talk alot of crap, its a lovely place, stephenson colelge is soo close its unreal, im loving the 30 second journey to lectures.
Everyshop you will ever need is here, taxi's are very cheap, great place... people who say its a crap hole clearly haven't been here
Stevo James Block woop woop!
Reply 6
Billy_no_mates
Agreed!
I was abit worried before i came because of everything i had heard, but people talk alot of crap, its a lovely place, stephenson colelge is soo close its unreal, im loving the 30 second journey to lectures.
Everyshop you will ever need is here, taxi's are very cheap, great place... people who say its a crap hole clearly haven't been here
Stevo James Block woop woop!

your in james block? i know a few people there lol!
im in Barker
but yea i completely agree, people who complain about Queens clearly have never been here!

Latest