The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE BSc Government

I am in Year 12 and have been thinking about my university options. Can anyone tell me why LSE wont change their BSc Government course to BSc Politics because it sounds more better. Is the government course similar to politics???
Reply 1
Don't see what the name has to do with anything.... they just want to call it Government? haha

The government course is exactly like politics, it just has a different name. If you look at the course description here: http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degreeProgrammes2012/government/L230_BSc_Gov.aspx you'll see that it is the same as a politics course.

If you have any specific questions, I do a combined degree with the Government department so I can try and help you out with your concerns.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
The Government course is similar in nature to any Politics degree; the only reason for the name dissimilarity is that the department likes to think that they cover not only Politics (which is a side-function of Government) but think in terms of institutions, international relations etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending