The Student Room Group
Reply 1
They shouldn't do that..I worked for Waterstone's as a christmas temp from October to the middle of January. Still not returned my uniform (out of forgetfulness,and the fact that my new job is not in the town centre) but they still fully paid me.

All the same, best to get it back to them to avoid any arguments :smile:
If it's in your contract they can. It's like universities not letting you graduate if you have unpaid library fines.
It will be in your contract. My former employers did this also, and it was written into the contract AND handbook. However the normal thing is to withhold part of your wages to 'cover' the cost of your uniform and not your full wages.

You should really have been aware of conditions surrounding leaving the job though. I understand you were busy, but a family member or friend could have dropped it in for you, surely.
I think they can hold the final salary because of some bitterness from the company or if you have owed them some holidays that had been taken and then you left.
Original post by MyAdviserisAce
I think they can hold the final salary because of some bitterness from the company or if you have owed them some holidays that had been taken and then you left.

You do realise this thread is 7 years old?

Latest

Trending

Trending