The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Napier - Photography and Film

Hey, just wondering if there is anyone here on that has done, is on or is going to start this course. I start in September and wanted to see if I could find anyone doing it or other courses at Napier. Just want to chat and see what you think of Napier, and get to know some folk before I leave :biggrin:

Can't wait to go!
Yes I am doing Photography and film at Naiper, and also start this September. The course looks like it's going to be really fun, I will look forward to seeing you there. I think the University looks great, although I never got to see any of the facilties we will be using (missed the open day).
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Oh forgot to say add me on facebook if you have it. See you on the course.
Reply 3
I was wanting to do film at here but not sure what is involved in the course,im looking to learn all about Directing, producing, things like that, could you tell me some of the work involved, would be a big help thanks!
Reply 4
I've got an interview on the 27th, what's the course like?
hi i am thinking about applying for this course to start in 2011. i don't have any photography experience....and i'm assuming i should? i don't really know....what was in your portfolios? i have a portfolio of artwork but nothing to do with photography....help?!
You should email the college and ask for a portfolio guidelines, Im starting in september but got in last year and deferred my entry. Iv a stronger interest in photography and for your initial portfolio from what i can remember you have a written document usually about a picture in the media (this was the topic of the year i applied bascailly how the media reacted to it you get to choose the pic yourself). Then you had 10-15 photos OR a slide reel of some video.. Then you may be called for an interview where you usually take me photos with you or extra footage. If you start now you'll have plenty of time but id email them about guidelines. They are getting stricter with there application too, about 350-400 people applied this year app and there are only 50-60 places up for grabs! Hope this helps you a bit :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by bubblybillie
You should email the college and ask for a portfolio guidelines, Im starting in september but got in last year and deferred my entry. Iv a stronger interest in photography and for your initial portfolio from what i can remember you have a written document usually about a picture in the media (this was the topic of the year i applied bascailly how the media reacted to it you get to choose the pic yourself). Then you had 10-15 photos OR a slide reel of some video.. Then you may be called for an interview where you usually take me photos with you or extra footage. If you start now you'll have plenty of time but id email them about guidelines. They are getting stricter with there application too, about 350-400 people applied this year app and there are only 50-60 places up for grabs! Hope this helps you a bit :smile:

Hey Ive applied for the course and I am in the process of creating my portfolio so that they can decide if they want to give me an interview. Im really struggling with the second part of the portfolio: taking 3-6 images of an event, having a realistic or made up point of view. What did any of use do?
Reply 8
Hey i am applying the photography at napier and i am stuggling with the second part of the portfolio submission too. The part where you have to take 3-6 images of an event. No idea what to do. What did you guys do?
Reply 9
Hey, I'm a 3rd year photog student at napier-
I documented my friend getting her first tattoo for mine.

They look for people who can make interesting work. Not just the usual 'event' shots- look for the moments that others wouldn't see etc. Not to be cliche but the 'little moments'. etc.
We are moving there in December. So do I have to start next year sep. Or can I start with other classes. Pls

Quick Reply

Latest