The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You don't

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/ucas_tariff/qualifications

UCAS haven't added Caribbean quals to the tariff yet

Having said that, a few places with AAA A-level requirements are asking for AAA in CAPE so presumably A-levels and CAPE are about equivalent?

LSE say:
The Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) is considered sufficient for entry to LSE in the following subjects only - Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, French, History, Literatures in English, Mathematics, Physics and Spanish. Applicants offering subjects that are not listed would, in addition, need to offer GCE A levels.

Oxford say:
Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) in Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, French, History, Literature in English, Mathematics, Physics, Spanish with grades of AAA

Bristol say:
Candidates with good grade profiles in the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) in at least six CAPE units, including two double-unit courses will be considered for undergraduate study. Minimum grades of I or II are required.
Reply 2
Bekaboo
You don't

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/ucas_tariff/qualifications

UCAS haven't added Caribbean quals to the tariff yet

Having said that, a few places with AAA A-level requirements are asking for AAA in CAPE so presumably A-levels and CAPE are about equivalent?

LSE say:

Oxford say:

Bristol say:

Well yeah they're the equivalent. I'm pretty sure that I saw something on the UCAS website about conversions... The link no longer works! I'm upset because I'm british and I want to go to university in Spain. Since I'm British, I'm not supposed to do their university entrance exam which is exactly like A-Levels, I've already done that, but my foreign qualifications are making this complicated. I'm trying to tell the woman that they're just like A-levels and I need my UCAS points to prove it.

Thanks
Reply 3
Asha5692
Well yeah they're the equivalent. I'm pretty sure that I saw something on the UCAS website about conversions... The link no longer works! I'm upset because I'm british and I want to go to university in Spain. Since I'm British, I'm not supposed to do their university entrance exam which is exactly like A-Levels, I've already done that, but my foreign qualifications are making this complicated. I'm trying to tell the woman that they're just like A-levels and I need my UCAS points to prove it.

Thanks

Well like I said, officially, they're worth 0 UCAS points because UCAS don't include them in the tariff, so it's really up to the individual university to decide.

Latest

Trending

Trending