The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
A friend's friend, who has already completed university, started off as a scrawny tall guy, and ended up a beast of a man. He wasn't fat or even chubby, he just had a beer and curry belly. That belly was soon christened 'Krang'.
Reply 21
i might have put ona little bit, but not much.... probably cos we live a half hour walk from uni so that kinda makes me do exercise every day

apparently the average fresher puts on 13lbs :eek:

lou xxx
Reply 22
i know that i've definitely put on weight since i started college.. i mean my college is like round the corner from the bloody curry mile!! :mad: nearly every lunch it's a flippin kebab or pizza...can't weight until i start uni, hopefully i should lose some :frown:
Reply 23
I've lost weight so far this term - and I intend to keep it that way!
kew96158
I've lost weight so far this term - and I intend to keep it that way!

kew96157, I've sent you an email should you care to look...
Reply 25
FrisbeeFan

Thanks! :smile:
kew96158
Thanks! :smile:

:smile: That's ok...now I really have to go and finish off my laundry...
Reply 27
FrisbeeFan
:smile: That's ok...now I really have to go and finish off my laundry...

Ok then, bye! I really must tear myself away from TSR and do some work...
Reply 28
I've lost weight because I'm doing lots more walking to lectures and I can't eat whatever I like whenever I want like at home...and I find it hard enough to gain weight as it is, grrr!
my diet has been better at uni, then at home... due to me buying what I know is healthy, rather then what my mum getting what she thinks is.
Reply 30
Blurb
i know that i've definitely put on weight since i started college.. i mean my college is like round the corner from the bloody curry mile!! :mad: nearly every lunch it's a flippin kebab or pizza...can't weight until i start uni, hopefully i should lose some :frown:

hi you goto xaverian?
Reply 31
fishpaste
hi you goto xaverian?

hey mr.fishpaste
check your PM inbox :smile:
Reply 32
I have eaten more at uni (late night munchies and Ahmed's) but this is used up by walking to lectures and running scatterbrained everywhere....but at home there's unlimited food...can't decide really.
IHavePMS
Only eight weeks at Oxford so we don't put on weight. :smile:

Pffft. Speak for yourself. It doesn't take me eight weeks to put on weight.
Reply 34
i thought id put on weight, just looking in the mirror, but i went shopping today, and i fit into a size smaller than i did before i came here! :smile:
Reply 35
technik
im 14.5 stone from living at home :biggrin:

i suspect i'll eat less when i have to buy it all. i dont drink so that wont be a problem

i want to be you
Reply 36
FrisbeeFan

you to are sisters,right??
then why do you call each other with tsr nicknames???
I'm sorry but seems a bit weird :redface:
Reply 37
It's the compulsory 1st year stone. :frown:
Reply 38
naelse
I've lost a couple of pounds i think. I think I actually do more exercise and eat better here because at home my mum used to just buy/make puddings and I just don't have time for them here. I don't usually have time to eat in general. And I've been running to all my meetings and appointments cos I'm always late. I'm going to start rowing soon as well...

I know the feeling! I had to get myself weighed after our 2km erg test the other day, I've lost 3kg since the begining of term, the nurse told me off! I'm really not the biggest of people (in every sense) so don't really know where it's gone from or how its happened!
Rowing is ace, but addictive, beware it can take over your life! :biggrin: We won!! Go Newnham!
When I go to university I am not going to let myself put on weight.Healthy food and exercise all the way for me.Will be easier as I will actually be shopping for my own food and can choose as opposed to eating the :smile::smile::smile::smile:e my mother buys.

Latest

Trending

Trending