The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
rodrigoma1
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that LSE doesn't encourage people to upload any other supporting documents such as CVs.
However, I think the worst that could happen is that they wouldn't look at it.

Well i guess I won't get an offer than
I never read anywhere you can't 'explicitly' not post your CV, hmmmmm :s-smilie:
Reply 501
i just got a conditional offer to the media and communications program.
HK87
i just got a conditional offer to the media and communications program.

Congrats HK! What's the condition?
Piska07
Well i guess I won't get an offer than
I never read anywhere you can't 'explicitly' not post your CV, hmmmmm :s-smilie:

I don't think at all that uploading your CV will diminish your chances of being accepted...
I am just saying that it is possible that they won't consider it as part of your application... Because of that I think it is important to mention all the issues you find relevant in the SoP.
just got my offer on MSc Org & Social Psy - the status took almost 24 hours to change from "a decision has been made", agony!!
Reply 505
victoriascot
just got my offer on MSc Org & Social Psy - the status took almost 24 hours to change from "a decision has been made", agony!!

Only for those who don't know that apparently nobody has ever been rejected after having gotten that status. :wink:
Reply 506
Hi Everybody, A few weeks ago I got a letter saying I was put on the waiting list. Today I received the same letter again in the post. I was wondering has this happened anyone else?
bartelby
Hi Everybody, A few weeks ago I got a letter saying I was put on the waiting list. Today I received the same letter again in the post. I was wondering has this happened anyone else?

Could you be on the waiting list for both your choices?
just out of curiosity, those of you who applied for two courses, how did you write the personal statement? i mean, did you guys talk about your first choice only? or did you bring up the 2nd choice as well? what was the balance?
Reply 509
I wrote two personal statements and uploaded them as a single document with my first preference appearing first. I don't have the exact link, but LSE states somewhere (I believe the FAQ section) that applicants are allowed to submit them in this manner.
Reply 510
Got application pack today, what are those 2 yellow certificates saying you are studying x months, for x fee at what subjects etc.

I have no idea what to do with them.
Reply 511
Hi multiplexed, I only applied for one course. So I don't know why i got the second letter

They always send you a letter repeating whatever decision they come to. Whether it's a wait list, reject or accept decision.
Reply 513
Why would they send me the same letter twice a few weeks apart though?
Reply 514
Hi! anyone know what's the acceptance rate for MSc in Ec, and deadline for application? thinking whether it's too late to apply this year..
Reply 515
mrhillier
Got application pack today, what are those 2 yellow certificates saying you are studying x months, for x fee at what subjects etc.

I have no idea what to do with them.

They are for visas, employers etc.
^
yes, and scholarships as well I think. You can't apply for a visa with it (you need an unconditional offer and a code given to you by the university) but it might help with the process.

I didn't realize you could submit two entirely separate personal statements. I wrote one statement, addressing both my choices, which I don't think was the best way, because then both admissions committees (if you don't get your first choice) know what programs you applied for. I'm not sure what a better way to do it is, just use a generic 'the program I am applying for at LSE' or what, but somehow I got in so....
Reply 517
mellow-yellow
Congrats HK! What's the condition?

Just that I graduate with their academic requirements. so basically, i have to have a 77% or higher average when i graduate.
Reply 518
Hey guys,

I understand how annoying this kind of question is but I think we've all been through this agony, so please help me out!
Anyways, so basically can any1 rate my chances for the MSc Finance:

Application sent 19/12/2008, completed:5/2/2009 (is is too late btw??)

Undergrad: UCL Engineering 1st class 71% (3rd year)
GRE : 800 Quant, 500V AWA: 5
Toefl Ibt: 117/120
Standard SoP
2 Banking internships...

Basically, that's about it, anyone wanna tell me what they think my chances are...
Reply 519
nobody88
Hey guys,

I understand how annoying this kind of question is but I think we've all been through this agony, so please help me out!
Anyways, so basically can any1 rate my chances for the MSc Finance:

Application sent 19/12/2008, completed:5/2/2009 (is is too late btw??)

Undergrad: UCL Engineering 1st class 71% (3rd year)
GRE : 800 Quant, 500V AWA: 5
Toefl Ibt: 117/120
Standard SoP
2 Banking internships...

Basically, that's about it, anyone wanna tell me what they think my chances are...

Sounds pretty good to me, however if i recall they take 50 applicants out of over 1500...so you might want to try Fin+Econs, or Acc+Fin (but i think they require finance degree)..

Best is to call the office and ask how many they intend to take in now

Latest

Trending

Trending