The Student Room Group

How Did Emma Watson DO IT.

Scroll to see replies

MB2Z
Any exam pre uni is just a swallowing a syllabus and jumping through hoops, and we already know she is good at performing.

This. I once got slated for saying this on TSR by silly GCSE students :rolleyes:
Reply 21
Fair enough. GCSEs and standard A-levels are swallowing a syllabus and jumping through hoops. Happy now?
Reply 22
Cultivated
C'mon, y'all. She's friends with Harry Potter. She cheated and did some magic tricks.

You're wise, young lady. :yes:
Reply 23
with a bit of intelligence and private tutors,most people would be able to do that
imo,gcse and a level are not that difficult if you know how to study efficiently (in her case,tutors will do everything,she just needed to revise)
Reply 24
my children are getting top tutors now after hearing these grades
carlosb
You're wise, young lady. :yes:

Not wise enough to get into Cambridge :sad:
lulz @ everyone acting like Emma Watson is a freaky genius because she got 3 As at A Level
Reply 27
Shes not a freaky genius, but smart and hot isnt that common.

Cultivated, I feel your pain.
davidac said it all.
Reply 29
Exceptional tutors
Reply 30
Highly paid private tutor who taught her the best techniques both for remembering facts and executing them correctly during exams.
Reply 31
-aimz
She got 3 As at Alevel aswell-I hope I can get those grades without a film series to deal with aswell! :p: She's got it all,intelligence and beauty.Lucky girl.

pity she's crap at street fighter II hyper turbo drive championship edition, eh? so I wouldn't say that :wink:
She probably had a great way of balancing her commitments to acting and studying. I think private tuition is also more effective than being taught in a class ( especially at A levels as this is where teachers tend to be the most relaxed). Being clever and passionate about her subjects may also have helped lol. I'm happy for her ( and jealous no doubt lol) and its nice that despite her having an acting career that she still wants to further her education instead of relying fully on the success of HP. Good Luck Emma!
davidac
Mate, she's a posh, spoilt little brat with a top-class public school education. I know plenty of people from state schools with those grades - and for £7000 per term, I'd be quite frankly horrified to hear that she'd got anything less.

Money doesn't buy you intelligence. I would be horrified if you achieved anything near 8 A*s. :rolleyes: I feel this way based on your aforementioned lamentations. :o:
Reply 34
beauty with brains
Reply 35
lolhenry
She grabbed an outstanding eight A*s and two As in her GCSE exams.

What did the ginger kid get?

so did I and I didn't even work very hard :eek: :eek: :eek:
GCSEs aren't something particularly 'outstanding' unless you get maybe 12 A*s or something
Reply 36
I dont think her GCSE grades are anything to get to excited over, as people have said they are relatively easy to pass as long as you have some brains to begin with and all you have to do is remember stuff and repeat. And as she remembers script after script im sure she has a good memory! I got 8 A* and 2 A's at GCSE (and i have never had a tutor and i go to a state school- all it took was abit of revision!)
Reply 37
MaccyG
Her english descriptive part could be one of the most exciting reads an examiner gets. She could talk about a set of Harry Potter.

Basically, this. Her GCSEs and A Levels aren't anything special at all considering the amount of money spent on private tuition, and the fact that she has offers to do a PERFORMING ARTS related course at Cambridge is, of course, largely due to the fact that she's been acting professionally for most of her life.
Reply 38
She's obviously got many talents, brains and beauty! Off to Cambridge to study philosophy i thinks...
Pains
Daniel Radcliffe also managed to achieve 3 A's at A-level.

I'd imagine private tutors are a heavy influence behind the grades.

r u stupid? harry potter wears glasses = super nerd.

Quick Reply

Latest