The Student Room Group

Virtual Police Assessment Centre

Evening everyone,

Has anyone completed the new virtual Police Assessment Centre?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yess this would be so helpful! I’m waiting for my assessment date and only found out yesterday it will now be online!
Reply 2
I'm guessing that noone else is going through the process! Just me and you 🙈
Reply 3
Aha seems like it! I just wanna know so I can prepare for it😅 What force have you applied for?
Reply 4
I’m awaiting my date for the online assessment! Have you seen the overview published on the College of Policing’s website?
Reply 5
Hi! I have an online assessment coming up soon with the College of Policing! How did this go for you? I'm worried about the competency based interview and the the briefing exercise! Do you have any advice? And do you remember any of the questions they asked?
Hi guys - I’m doing this too. I did the SJT and competency based interview today and going to do the rest tomorrow.
Reply 7
Original post by spearmintpolo
Hi guys - I’m doing this too. I did the SJT and competency based interview today and going to do the rest tomorrow.

How was the competency based interview. I'm preparing some potential answers today. Any advice on potential questions? I'm so nervous! I feel that talking to a camera and not an actual person is going to be so difficult for me!
Reply 8
Hi everyone!

I’ve completed the online assessment centre. The main things you can do to prepare for stage 2 (competency based interview) is to ensure you have different examples from your life for each competency that is being assessed. You can write them down there’s no need to memorise them.

For any stage you do, make sure you know what each competency is asking and try to condense it down into a few key bullet points. It will help!

The written exercise make sure you read the guidance and do research on different kinds of policing issues.

For the briefing there is honestly not much you can do to prepare, but once you start you will have all the information you need as they supply you with it. I know that won’t help with the nerves but it’s not as bad as you think.

I have never had to talk to a camera before but once you start it’s really good, try to relax and prepare before hand 🙂
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi! What force are you applying for or are you doing Police NOW?

I've personally applied for Merseyside Police but I understand some forces are opening assessments to applicants earlier than others.

Good luck everyone!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by cllhdgs
How was the competency based interview. I'm preparing some potential answers today. Any advice on potential questions? I'm so nervous! I feel that talking to a camera and not an actual person is going to be so difficult for me!

Yeah it can feel awkward at first, there were a couple of questions where I thought I rambled on a bit but just try to keep calm...it’s really not that bad! Just have a few examples of where you’ve demonstrated each competency up your sleeve but don’t plan out your answers too much otherwise you’ll be thrown if the questions aren’t exactly what you’re expecting.
Just did the briefing ex - trust me it’s fine, way more comfortable than the competency based interview because you’re given material as a starting point rather than the random ‘tell me about a time when..’ questions!
Reply 12
Hey I have - How long did your results take? How did you do?
(edited 3 years ago)
Is the webcam on you all the time? or are you able to refer to your notes for your answers for the stage 2 competency based part?
Has anyone had their online assessment results back yet?
Original post by Mp1990
Hey I have - How long did your results take? How did you do?

I'm still waiting. Have you had yours back yet?
Has anyone had their online assessment results back yet?
Reply 17
I completed my assessment on Saturday. I’m still awaiting my results/feedback. How did you all find the assessments?
Reply 18
Original post by Megan_R
Hi everyone!

I’ve completed the online assessment centre. The main things you can do to prepare for stage 2 (competency based interview) is to ensure you have different examples from your life for each competency that is being assessed. You can write them down there’s no need to memorise them.

For any stage you do, make sure you know what each competency is asking and try to condense it down into a few key bullet points. It will help!

The written exercise make sure you read the guidance and do research on different kinds of policing issues.

For the briefing there is honestly not much you can do to prepare, but once you start you will have all the information you need as they supply you with it. I know that won’t help with the nerves but it’s not as bad as you think.

I have never had to talk to a camera before but once you start it’s really good, try to relax and prepare before hand 🙂

Hi Megan,

how did it go, did you pass? I have had confirmation i will be doing this date undetermined as of yet but you advise really will help me. Are they at the other end of the camera or is it more automatical camera rolling and you record your answer as I had this for the border force
Reply 19
Hi
Anyone had their online assessment results back yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending