The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Paulwhy
You correctly identify the intertemporal issue yourself: you will not get new grades before applying.
I am confident you will get AAB.2.1 offers. So you can apply to some of the unis above that as bliss unis if you like. and still have the AAB.2.1 unis to fall back on.

atm im thinking of applying like this:

Britol or bath (depending on which i have more of a chance with)<-- sugestions welcome
Exeter
Southampton
Birmingham
Royal Holloway

gd spread? (not sure about exeter tho, any suggestions welcome?) Loughborough a possibility or A&F @ LSE
Reply 21
pazman4
atm im thinking of applying like this:

Britol or bath (depending on which i have more of a chance with)<-- sugestions welcome
Exeter
Southampton
Birmingham
Royal Holloway

gd spread? (not sure about exeter tho, any suggestions welcome?) Loughborough a possibility or A&F @ LSE

Why are you thinking of applying to more than 1 uni outside the TAELT top 11?
Reply 22
Paulwhy

Showing that you've read a lot of books on your PS looks good doesn't it?
Also, what about being predicted A*'s for A-level Maths and Business Studies? :biggrin:
Reply 23
Paulwhy

So am i (almost) guarenteed an offer at all of them except bristol then?

would...

Bristol
Bath
Warwick
Birmingham
Sothampton
...be more sensible?

c0nfus3d
Showing that you've read a lot of books on your PS looks good doesn't it?
Also, what about being predicted A*'s for A-level Maths and Business Studies? :biggrin:

Forgot about that, i think ill be predicted A* for Bus but not Maths.
Reply 24
pazman4
So am i (almost) guarenteed an offer at all of them except bristol then?

would...

Bristol
Bath
Warwick
Birmingham
Sothampton
...be more sensible?

yes I think so. (2 both questions).
Reply 25
Paulwhy
yes I think so. (2 both questions).

Hi, I&#8217;ve talked to my teachers and am likely to be predicted AAB with the B in Geo. Does this mean i have little/no chance at top 11 universities? Should i apply to more from outside the top 11?
(

(or really push for an A prediction in Geography, even though my teacher seems like she&#8217;s not budging?)
Reply 26
pazman4
Hi, I’ve talked to my teachers and am likely to be predicted AAB with the B in Geo. Does this mean i have little/no chance at top 11 universities? Should i apply to more from outside the top 11?
(

Ask your target unis.
But dropping Warwick would make sense (no AAA prediction, aabc at AS).In terms of what to add in:
i)a 3rd TAELT position 6-11 uni gives more chance of offer from a top uni.
ii)a 3rd uni outside the top 11 would give more choice from unis likely to give offers.

pazman4
(or really push for an A prediction in Geography, even though my teacher seems like she’s not budging?)

Well you can only try your best in geog and ask again before you apply. But it seems a long shot.
Reply 27
Paulwhy
Ask your target unis.
But dropping Warwick would make sense (no AAA prediction, aabc at AS).In terms of what to add in:
i)a 3rd TAELT position 6-11 uni gives more chance of offer from a top uni.
ii)a 3rd uni outside the top 11 would give more choice from unis likely to give offers.

Well ATM its: Bristol, Birmingham, Exeter, RHL so need one more. (Not impressed by Southampton econ dep. on open day)
After emailing Bath they told me not to bother applying with less than 3 As at AS and both Edinburgh and St Andrews are further from that I want to go.

As this is the case I can see anyway of applying for anouther top11 uni without it being a waste. Any ideas?

Bath Email:

Thank you for your email and interest in studying Economics at the University of Bath.

We state that we require an A* in Maths GCSE so preference would be given to A* candidates over A candidates if a final decision for one available place had to be made between two very similar applications. In addition, we would require 3As at AS level for entry 2010.

This year we have received over 1600 applications competing for only135 available places. The vast majority of those securing offers have achieved three A grades at AS-Level and have been predicted to achieve three A grades at A2-Level. These applicants have also had excellent personal statements and academic references.
Reply 28
lol @ poomac

Latest

Trending

Trending