The Student Room Group

I want to drop out of university and try again

Hi just need some help.... i just started my first year in uni and feel like a want to leave, and i feel the course iam taking it not right for me. I want to reapply to antoher university, and found the course i want. But the grade they need is ABB and i have achieve AB but ned to retake my other subject to get a B. I dnt realli no what to do. Do i drop out and reapply for Ucas again and retake my Alevel....
Reply 1
Depends where your course is I'd imagine.
I dunno, but I would have thought that some uni's would frown upon dropping out, then resitting etc...
I could be wrong...
Reply 2
greengreen
Hi just need some help.... i just started my first year in uni and feel like a want to leave, and i feel the course iam taking it not right for me. I want to reapply to antoher university, and found the course i want. But the grade they need is ABB and i have achieve AB but ned to retake my other subject to get a B. I dnt realli no what to do. Do i drop out and reapply for Ucas again and retake my Alevel....

How long have you been in University so far? Could you not just stick it out a bit longer to make sure you are making the right decision. The first few weeks are hard. Make sure you know the deadline for dropping out.

Why do you want to do this other course at a different University? Could you not change courses in the University you already attend?

If you haven't got the required grades then best thing is to email them and ask. And if your are absolutely CERTAIN that you want to do that course in a different University then I would drop out, reapply and retake A level - will be hard though.
So really have a proper think about it.
Reply 3
well this is the second week i been at uni and i check the course they offer... but it doesnt seem they have what i what want. The subject iam doin is politics, but iam new to it as i didnt take smilar course in Alevel. i think that when i apply to the uni iam attend to now, i didnt really consider what i wanted to do.

i want to do a course in BA vietnamese culture, as i been there many times and feel that i want to learn the histroy and diversity of the country.

And i dont no who to tak to or turn, do i go bak to my old college and ask if i can retake Alevels..... and do uni's realli frown upon dropping out......:confused:
If at first you dont suceed
jib it off and smoke the weed..

Hope this helps
Reply 5
confused1991
If at first you dont suceed
jib it off and smoke the weed..

Hope this helps

I concur.
Reply 6
This is exactly how i feel. Im in london doing interior and spatial design, this would be an amazing course if i wanted to do it. But i don't i'm not interested in it at all. So i'm gonna drop out, i definitely want to go to uni but i haven't found a course which i want to commit to. This is a normal thing to do if ur not happy find something which makes u happy. Plus its not the end of the world, my old college drummed it into us that we need to go to uni now, but we actually have all the time in the world.
x
Reply 7
My friend dropped out from Birmingham City University and she's at Warwick now, so it's been a good change for her! I don't think uni's frown upon it, if you don't like the course, you don't like the course. It's not like you knew exactly what it would be like when you started it.
Reply 8
I'm stuck in a similar position. I'm at Portsmouth but really wanted to be with my girlfriend in Loughborough, which I missed out on by one grade. I thought it would work but end up missing her lots. I'm not enjoying the course, and feel I could do better. I am now very seriously wanting to drop out and retake the relevant A-level modules but don't know what to do first. Anyone know the last dates for dropping out?

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending