The Student Room Group

I've done rubbish in Jan 2011 exams ...

:frown:

We recieved our results for the January 2011 exams this afternoon, and I've done so bad.
When I saw them, I felt like my heart had fallen into my stomach and the acid was dissolving it ...

I'm so upset.
Biology 1 (AS): 89/120 (b)
Biology 2 (AS): 83/120 (b)
Biology 4 (A2): 36/120 (U)

Chemistry 1 (AS): 62/120 (d)
Chemistry 2 (AS): 32/120 (u)
Chemistry 4 (A2): 35/120 (U)

Core 1 (AS): 72/100 (b)
Statistics 1 (AS): 58/100 (d)

I've done so badly, but the thing is I did revise. I did actually think I was going to do badly, but not this bad. I did have an operation over the Christmas period but still ... I even failed biology ...

Looks like I'm going to need to take 14exams this summer ...

Biology 1, Biology 2 (AS)
Biology 4, Biology 5 (A2)
Chemistry 1, Chemistry 2 (AS)
Chemistry 4, Chemistry 5 (A2)
Core 1, Core 2, Statistics 1 (AS)
Core 3, Core 4, Statistics 2 (A2)

That means my exams start from the 18th May to the 24th June.

Question is: is it possible to get straight "A"s in all these subjects, if I start revision from tomorrow ... ?
Any advice, and tips would be greatly appreciated.

I feel like a big fat failure right now.

Thanks for reading this.

Scroll to see replies

Pick yourself up, if it's goe that badly rather than piling a ridiculous amount of work on yourself why not just talk to your college of dropping out now and picking it up from the beginning of September again with a better plan? (I know loads of people that are doing it at my college.)
Reply 2
Is it not results day tomorrow?

... have my school been lying to me? :eek:
Original post by kerily

No no it's most people's tomorrows, I think hers have been a bit naughty and released them early. :eek:
Reply 4
Are these all edexcel?
Reply 5
Original post by kerily

It is. But centres are able to get results online from today, but are told to distribute them on the 10th.
Reply 6
Original post by Agenda Suicide
Pick yourself up, if it's goe that badly rather than piling a ridiculous amount of work on yourself why not just talk to your college of dropping out now and picking it up from the beginning of September again with a better plan? (I know loads of people that are doing it at my college.)

Thanks for the suggestion. I totally see what you're saying but I don't want to drop out ... I'm in year 13 and I have amazing offers from amazing universities to study medicine and biomedicine ...

Biology isn't really a problem for me ... it's just chemistry. Maths is fine too. I know I can tackle biology and maths easily. It's just chemistry that get's me. I'm going to try my best now that I've calmed down, and stop doing anything apart from revising, sleeping, eating and going to school. I think also what bothered me was that not a day went by in the Christmas Holiday or the time running up to it, that my family didn't have massive arguements, with screaming and shouting and the lot. I couldn't really concentrate and there was the operation too.

I can do it! I feel so much more positive right now ... thanks.
Reply 7
Original post by kerily

We can get them online. :eek:
Reply 8
Original post by Agenda Suicide
No no it's most people's tomorrows, I think hers have been a bit naughty and released them early. :eek:

Original post by Jeebus42
It is. But centres are able to get results online from today, but are told to distribute them on the 10th.

Ahh. I understand now. Still! Mental.
Reply 9
Original post by EffKayy
Are these all edexcel?

Yes. :frown:
Reply 10
Don't think about the results now. Just put your head down and work towards the re-sits in the Summer-- the rewards at the end will be worth it (y)
Are you an A2 student?
Reply 12
Original post by Joesphine
Yes. :frown:

Oh dear :|
D in chemistry 1? I did the exact exam, =( So worried now..
Reply 13
I wanted my results today :frown:
Thanks for the suggestion. I totally see what you're saying but I don't want to drop out ... I'm in year 13 and I have amazing offers from amazing universities to study medicine and biomedicine ...

Biology isn't really a problem for me ... it's just chemistry. Maths is fine too. I know I can tackle biology and maths easily. It's just chemistry that get's me. I'm going to try my best now that I've calmed down, and stop doing anything apart from revising, sleeping, eating and going to school. I think also what bothered me was that not a day went by in the Christmas Holiday or the time running up to it, that my family didn't have massive arguements, with screaming and shouting and the lot. I couldn't really concentrate and there was the operation too.

Apologies I did not realise that you were. Excellent. Well then as long as you balance out the revision with healthy breaks then go for it. The best way to succeed is motivation. I know all sorts of clever people who have messed up, atleast in the future you will be prepared and be much more conscious to avoid letting it happen again.

Well done though, seriously. There's nothing worse than results that aren't what you want. You'll be fine, good luck!
Reply 15
Seriously, you can get those As.
This boy last year, he also had to take 14 exams, but he practiced everything single question he could get his hands on, and in the end, he got As.
Its just practice, you can do it :biggrin:
I've done **** too

Biology AS: e (I nearly cried)
English Literature AS: C (I nearly cried)
Chemistry AS: u (I cried)
C1: U (meh....not surprised)
Reply 17
i know a boy at school from last year he did 5 A-levels had over 20 exams in the summer and he got 5 A's and i was there on results day so i know he isn't lying so i would say anything is possible if you do the work. The trick is to do it rather than think about doing it.
Reply 18

It's great that you're feeling more postive.:smile:
Make sure to set aside some time each day to relax too (even if it's just watchin a bit of tv) otherwise you'll get too tired/stressed which won't help:biggrin:
I learnt this through getting migranes cos I was doing too much work without a break:frown:
Setting targets is a good idea-e.g. I'll finish this set of questions and do this exercise and then I can watch tv/go to the cinema/go online etc. This is a good way of getting a balance of work and relaxation and is also a good way to get motivated.
Good Luck xx

btw Your school's cheeky for giving out the results early, I don't get mine til 10:50 tomorrow!!
Reply 19
Original post by popdrops
Don't think about the results now. Just put your head down and work towards the re-sits in the Summer-- the rewards at the end will be worth it (y)

Thank you for this! I will do. I'm going to make sure that I do much much much better. Thank you.

1platinum
Are you an A2 student?

Yes. Yes I am.

EffKayy
Oh dear :|
D in chemistry 1? I did the exact exam, =( So worried now..

You haven't! Just because I did rubbish, does not mean you did too.
Best of luck. x

Saycheese
Good for you!!
Well done on calming down, be sure to move forwards from now.
Good luck!

:biggrin: There's always light at the end of a tunnel. Thank you thank you thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest