The Student Room Group

Men - where are you?!

Good men of TSR, where on earth do all the decent men hide?

I can't stand being hit on in clubs any more, it's degrading as we both know that the guy is only after one thing. I've managed to secure a couple of dates with men in clubs before - only for them to turn out to be d*ckheads afterward. So in short I've given up there.

I'm on a predominently female course, and the few guys that are on it I already know and am not interested romantically in. It doesn't seem appropriate to just waltz up to someone in the library, and I refuse to go to a coffee shop alone for the sake of boy hunting, especially when I'll probably be wasting my time. I'm part of a lot of societies, all of which are again, majorly female. But I can't change what I enjoy doing!

So TSR, please help me. WHERE can I find nice men who are actually interested in me?!

Scroll to see replies

If you're looking for "decent men", then clubs are the last place you should look.
Reply 2
Original post by *Dreaming*
If you're looking for "decent men", then clubs are the last place you should look.

This ^

Also, where do all the decent girls hide? :frown:
Reply 3
There's loads of nice men out there, and a good man knows how to treat a woman so if you're going to a club obviously he'll treat you like ****.

Oh by the way, i'm a good guy too :awesome:
Reply 4
>complain about never finding 'decent men'
>go clubbing and look for them
>LOL
Reply 5
Perhaps you should not be looking so hard to find such people.
Enjoy your life and one day you may be pleasantly surprised to meet the man you have always wanted.
They're probably down the pub.
In KFC
Reply 8
Hidding from the Ironing...or maybe just hidding from you!
Reply 9
Original post by Pedrobear
>complain about never finding 'decent men'
>go clubbing and look for them
>LOL

> Posts like this
> /b/tard
> Doesn't know anything about decent men

Spoiler

In the friend zone.
"Decent men" generally have an incentive to approach a girl.....perhaps you are forgetting your own effort is needed?
I'm here.
In pubs, at our mates house or entertaining them at our own. Maybe we're at work, maybe we're in the library. We could be down the park or in our mate's basement, jamming with the band. At gigs, in restaurants, or simply in bed.

Basically, decent blokes are everywhere. If you really want us, come find us. :smile:
Reply 14
You can find a few in clubs, just look for the less drunk ones who are running round trying to control/look after the friend who got extremely drunk and stirke up a conversation with them :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
. It doesn't seem appropriate to just waltz up to someone in the library

Men won't be offended by this. I'm not saying they will all say yes, but I don't believe any will be offended. If they think it's 'weird' then they're dickless little children and you shouldn't worry.

All you need to do is start the conversation, and let them take it from there. Just find any bull**** excuse to talk to them, and then try to make a conversation out of it. You'll work out pretty soon if he's just a mong, or if it's worth pursuing.
Reply 16
I'm a decent guy and I'm looking for a decent girl who won't mess me around. PM me we might get something going here.
Original post by CB91
In the friend zone.

Too true.

Then the slags go for some tosser, then they start threads like this, omg where decent men lol x ?
Reply 18
Original post by Lady Gaga's Bottom
Too true.

Then the slags go for some tosser, then they start threads like this, omg where decent men lol x ?

That doesn't really happen, it's just something guys tell themselves to make them feel better, I think n those cases the guy just hasn't shown that hungry, passionate side and so there's no reason for the girl to take things further because all you're offering are things she can get from you as a friend.
Reply 19
like someone said you'll find a few of these in the friend zone, what's classed as decent? being in a transition and all not sure if I'm decent or a dickhead (not looking either way)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending