Scroll to see replies

Original post by visesh

Must just say that I love your display picture. :smile:
Reply 9501
Original post by Tortious
Was that an intentional typo? :p:

No, but once I spotted it I was certainly loath to bother changing it:p:
Original post by scarlet ibis
Llaaaammmaaaaaa! How are you doing these days?

Really good thanks...I'm a barrister these days! How about you? xx
Original post by Tyrotoxism
yaay. hope it won't just be a private performance for alums like last time. are they letting you stay after your performance?

Sadly not, I'm jetting off to Queen' straight afterwards to perform again. I'm performing in the buttery at 11.30-12.30.
Original post by Llamaaa

Congratulations :smile:. What kind of barrister are you?
Original post by Llamaaa

Original post by The West Wing
Congratulations :smile:. What kind of barrister are you?

Personal injury I think, having looked at Llamaaa's post history.

(I don't think we've met, but only the other day my supervisor was talking about "that tort paper with the llama reference :lolwut:"... :p:)
I have the worst hangover in the entire world and can't actually sit up without the world trying to spin away from me. So I'm lying in bed and listening to the SUAD May Ball playlist because I miss Revs, I feel like an unbelievable saddo.

Original post by Leipzig
Ach, if you're put on the spot then it's understandable... talking of Russianists, got a Muscovite coming to visit next week(!) so we'll see then just how far behind I've fallen language-wise (although, tbh, these days I only need russian to talk "in secret" with the bf while in company, lol)

Ooh SE? I can no longer speak Spanish at all, I open my mouth and Russian comes out. So the fact that you're actually studying Russian probably means that you're not as far behind as I am in Spanish :p:
Original post by Tortious
Personal injury I think, having looked at Llamaaa's post history.

(I don't think we've met, but only the other day my supervisor was talking about "that tort paper with the llama reference :lolwut:"... :p:)

Haha that's cool...I think that paper was in my year if memory serves.

I'm general civil but mainly PI, credit hire and motor fraud. Dabbling in a bit of crime n'all. Really good fun though, although the lag between doing the work and getting paid is frustrating!!

TWW, are you a finalist now?
Original post by Zoedotdot
Ooh SE? I can no longer speak Spanish at all, I open my mouth and Russian comes out. So the fact that you're actually studying Russian probably means that you're not as far behind as I am in Spanish :p:

I've realised after yesterday that I no longer study French. And given that I've been using Old French and Spanish a lot in my French lately, oops, I think this is a Sign. Wish I could speak Old French properly though. I could watch Les Visiteurs and do a dub. It's a really cool film from the days of VHS where a knight ends up 800 years in the future, and makes friends with his great^lots granddaughter on the land that used to be his territory.

edited down.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Zoedotdot
I have the worst hangover in the entire world and can't actually sit up without the world trying to spin away from me. So I'm lying in bed and listening to the SUAD May Ball playlist because I miss Revs, I feel like an unbelievable saddo.

:hugs: It will pass. :yes:

Original post by Llamaaa
TWW, are you a finalist now?

He is indeed. :smile:
Original post by Llamaaa

Showing the "nice but dim" chap then? :p:
Reply 9511
Original post by Canned Door
I could watch Les Visiteurs and do a dub. It's a really cool film from the days of VHS where a knight ends up 800 years in the future, and makes friends with his great^lots granddaughter on the land that used to be his territory.

I loved that film! The version I watched subtitled the Old French as really terrible Medieval English.
Mentalness. Any Cambridge-rejects such as myself in the thread still? (I'm off to Southampton now, which I'm pleased about because it's a very solid university and is always underrated, I think, plus it gives me a shot at Cambridge's M.Phil programmes...)
Original post by SebCross
Mentalness. Any Cambridge-rejects such as myself in the thread still? (I'm off to Southampton now, which I'm pleased about because it's a very solid university and is always underrated, I think, plus it gives me a shot at Cambridge's M.Phil programmes...)

Nope, we're all current students (except Doughnuts!! who should be coming in October, but he's excessively keen :rolleyes:). :p:
Nice. Good for y'all, you lucky sods! As someone from Oxford, and the massive rivlary notwithstanding, I actually prefer Cambridge's atmosphere to my home city...It's telling that Cambridge topped 'The Guardian''s 2012 league table, too.
N.B. Which colleges are people at, then? I'm considering Darwin, Downing, Queens', Hughes Hall for graduate study (apply in 2013 so quite awhile off yet...)
Original post by SebCross
N.B. Which colleges are people at, then? I'm considering Darwin, Downing, Queens', Hughes Hall for graduate study (apply in 2013 so quite awhile off yet...)

There's a list in this thread. :smile:

PS: I thought "N.B." meant "note well". :confused:
Original post by alex_hk90

Gosh, that makes me feel old!!
There's a list in this thread. :smile:

PS: I thought "N.B." meant "note well". :confused:

It does; it stands for "nota bene".

(I only know that from the TSR mod of the same name... :colondollar:)
Original post by Llamaaa

Gosh, that makes me feel old!!

You are indeed. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending