The Student Room Group

If you had £60 to spend at Amazon what would you buy?

It's my birthday at the weekend, and my folks have said I can have anything on Amazon up to the value of £60, and I have to tell them by tomorrow. I'm really crap at thinking of what I want/need though (I prefer surprises), so just wondering what other people would go for?

I'm a bit old fashioned so didn't realise it sold things other than books, DVDs and CDs! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

An amazing toastie maker. :biggrin:
Reply 2
two 3ds games :biggrin:
Reply 4
well im starting uni this sept. and could use with a pretty nice bag..
Reply 5
BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!! they cost as little as 99p!!! GO FOR THE BOOKS!!!!!!!

A dvd would be nice as well though
Reply 6
Potassium Nitrate. I'd then add some sugar and water to it, boil it for 60 minutes then let it cool. Once cooled, store for later use.

Grats, you just made some rocket fuel or a smoke bomb.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ScarlettDangerfield
An amazing toastie maker. :biggrin:

Your dog is beautiful. :O
I bet his coat must be insane to keep tidy!
Aaw, he's so lovely though.
Reply 8
Four seasons of The Wire :u:
Afro Samurai wall art. I'd need another £15ish though.
Reply 10
Yup, books!
Original post by Astonix
Potassium Nitrate. I'd then add some sugar and water to it, boil it for 60 minutes then let it cool. Once cooled, store for later use.

Grats, you just made some rocket fuel or a smoke bomb.

Bit of an odd idea, but mix that same potassium nitrate with charcoal and sulphur to make gunpowder :colone:
Reply 12
Right now?

A few books, a George Foreman grill/panini maker and something for my hair.
Alot of books, music..no actually that's basically all I buy there :-O

Do your folks know you can get gift certificates from Amazon? You just print them out, maybe they should do that so you can think about it in your own time :smile:
Reply 14
As many books on Blackjack strategy and card counting as you can get for $60.
If mastered and used you will see a return on your parents investment many times over - a gift that will truly last you a lifetime.
Books
Is that including postage costs?

I have an Amazon wishlist - all books - so I'd spend it on getting some of that.
As I learnt from The Apprentice this week, reinvest!

Put the money into funding your education, buy loads of books on how to make money, soon you'll have a coupla mil to spend and you can buy me this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Proporta-Elephant-Camouflage-Kit-NEW/dp/B003XDZNK8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1310075037&sr=1-1
Reply 18
the only thing I really buy from Amazon is books.
Reply 19
Original post by EssexDan86

Original post by EssexDan86
It's my birthday at the weekend, and my folks have said I can have anything on Amazon up to the value of £60, and I have to tell them by tomorrow. I'm really crap at thinking of what I want/need though (I prefer surprises), so just wondering what other people would go for?

I'm a bit old fashioned so didn't realise it sold things other than books, DVDs and CDs! :smile:

Books, loaaads of them, every kind. But it really has to be from Amazon? Because there are really cool birthday gifts here :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest