The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE postgraduate offer holders 2011/2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by alainho
For the rest who still haven't received their CAS number, do they also have unconditional offer? I accepted my unconditional offer in mid April. When did you receive your CAS number?

Some do, some don't. I got my CAS a couple of weeks ago.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 261
Hi all!

I was wondering if someone can answer my question :confused:

Q:- I have been given UC-offer for my first choice of MSc course and that I have accepted by using online system. Now, I am wondering that will I be considered for my second choice of course as well that I selected whilst submitting my application? or my second choice will be discarded or ignored by the system? I am not asking this question because I want to change the order of my choices, I just want to know the traditional procedure, I tried to find the solution on LSE's website, also tried to solve my query on a search engine but I didn't get the specific answer of my question. i guess a member with an offer for this academic session or a senior student from LSE, can answer me well.

Please don't bash me if my question seems irrelevant to you.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 262
Original post by kingkhan
Hi all!

I was wondering if someone can answer my question :confused:

Q:- I have been given UC-offer for my first choice of MSc course and that I have accepted by using online system. Now, I am wondering that will I be considered for my second choice of course as well that I selected whilst submitting my application? or my second choice will be discarded or ignored by the system? I am not asking this question because I want to change the order of my choices, I just want to know the traditional procedure, I tried to find the solution on LSE's website, also tried to solve my query on a search engine but I didn't get the specific answer of my question. i guess a member with an offer for this academic session or a senior student from LSE, can answer me well.

Please don't bash me if my question seems irrelevant to you.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Re: LSE postgraduate offer holders 2011/2012
I believe that the two choices are considered completely different from each other. That is, your first choice is considered first, and if you're accepted into that programme, they don't even consider you for your second. The second choice should be seen as a backup, or at least that is my understanding. I don't think (based on my little knowledge) that switching is even possible. Why do you ask, if you don't intend to switch? x
Reply 263
Original post by kelsey
Re: LSE postgraduate offer holders 2011/2012
I believe that the two choices are considered completely different from each other. That is, your first choice is considered first, and if you're accepted into that programme, they don't even consider you for your second. The second choice should be seen as a backup, or at least that is my understanding. I don't think (based on my little knowledge) that switching is even possible. Why do you ask, if you don't intend to switch? x

Thanks a tonne for sharing this information. As, I said before that there is no intention to switch, actually when I accepted the foirst choice offer, still my second choice was appearing on "application tracker/LSFY" with a message, "waiting for the documents", but after 48 hours since I posted a thread here, my second choice & that message are no longer visible on "application tracker/LSFY".
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 264
what happened? No more addition in fraternity...?

Dude, you've asked the same question in both forums and the thing has been answered. Give it a rest
Reply 265
Original post by goewyn
Dude, you've asked the same question in both forums and the thing has been answered. Give it a rest

OK then consider my last post as spam
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 266
Original post by kelsey
I'm doing the MSc in European Studies Research - almost certain I'll be choosing the Political Economy stream. Do you know if we will be getting any summer reading recommendations? I've been to the course listings pages and have looked at several of the books there, but beyond that I haven't heard anything. Have you? :smile:

I've not received anything yet. However my undergraduate personal tutor is a member of the European Institute, so I'll probably go and have a chat with him in the next few days, and put all these questions to him. I'll let you know when I do :smile:
Reply 267
I received a list of summer readings about a month ago. So far only managed to finish one book, not that I have lots to do at work, but still can't concentrate too much on anything really. Hopefully I'll change it round a bit in July.

Still no news on accomodation though? I've given up, found what looks like a nice place in Bethnal Green with some italian friends and will go there in September.
Msc Culture & Society here! :smile:
Reply 269
I talked to the accomodation office last week. they said that they had some trouble with the IT-system and that they will hopefully send out offers for accomodation within the next 2 weeks...:smile:
Original post by pauzp
I talked to the accomodation office last week. they said that they had some trouble with the IT-system and that they will hopefully send out offers for accomodation within the next 2 weeks...:smile:

Great, thanks for the info!
count me in: MSc @LSE
Original post by cateyes1234
count me in: MSc @LSE

Which one? :smile: Congrats!
Original post by KasiaPisklak
Which one? :smile: Congrats!

thnx, acc&fin :wink:
Reply 274
Original post by Vozhak

- All tuition fully paid
- Personal allowance each month (do not want to list figure, but above 500)
-clothing paid for
-books paid for

Congrats mate. International students are usually lucky in terms of funding.
Congrats mate. International students are usually lucky in terms of funding.

Wow, lucky you, I'm international and I'm still waiting for some scholarship news :frown:
Reply 276
Wow, lucky you, I'm international and I'm still waiting for some scholarship news :frown:

:confused:
:confused:

Oh they just wrote me that I'm not eligible because I got my unconditional offer few days after the 27th of April so no scholarship or award for me :angry: My bad that I didn't read the Scholarship info thoroughly but that's not really nice, as if they couldn't have given me the offer 4 days earlier. Oh well, lesson learnt..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 278
Oh they just wrote me that I'm not eligible because I got my unconditional offer few days after the 27th of April so no scholarship or award for me :angry: My bad that I didn't read the Scholarship info thoroughly but that's not really nice, as if they couldn't have given me the offer 4 days earlier. Oh well, lesson learnt..

awww...SORRY......same thing happened with me :frown: but I was invited to fill up the scholarship form which I did on the same day but later a message appeared on "LFY" SORYY TO TELL YOU THAT LSE IS NOT OFFERING FUNDING FOR THIS YEAR (something like this), now I am going to apply for a loan from Barclays (fingers crossed). If I don't get this loan then I will have to go with an offer from Oxford for Biomedical Engineering as it comes with full funding but I don't want to study bio, as I am more interested in the course at LSE :frown:

What course are you in? BTW, did you apply for OFID?
awww...SORRY......same thing happened with me :frown: but I was invited to fill up the scholarship form which I did on the same day but later a message appeared on "LFY" SORYY TO TELL YOU THAT LSE IS NOT OFFERING FUNDING FOR THIS YEAR (something like this), now I am going to apply for a loan from Barclays (fingers crossed). If I don't get this loan then I will have to go with an offer from Oxford for Biomedical Engineering as it comes with full funding but I don't want to study bio, as I am more interested in the course at LSE :frown:

What course are you in? BTW, did you apply for OFID?

Aw sorry to hear that :frown: Fingers crossed for the loan!
LSE has disappointed me in more than 3 occasions, they are not really well organized or the people that take the phone calls aren't well informed.
Because of one woman from the Graduate Office who gave me misleading information about the English requirements it took me 3 weeks more to complete my application. I was fuming. Then I called again and a different woman told me that what I had been told at the beginning is not true. The same thing happened when I called accommodation.
Still, I am really excited about the course :smile: I'm in MSc Culture and Society. You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending