The Student Room Group

Maddy McCann Possibly Found Alive in India

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by rainbowfluff
I have a personal connection to this case. I looked after Maddy at the nursery where she used to go from age 2-4. She was a lovely child, very sensitive and softly spoken.

Her parents too seemed nice when they used to collect her, although her mum was slightly aloof. It was awful when she went missing, and at first I felt the utmost sympathy for what her family must be going through.

However, as details began to emerge this changed. For any parent to leave their children alone for any length of time is deplorable. They should have been punished for this alone, but never were, which I still find hard to comprehend.

However, the biggest issue I have is with the whole abduction theory. There were two other children in the room at the time. Why were neither of these taken? They were only 2, probably had limited speech and memories. Maddy on the other hand knew exactly who her parents were, where she lived etc, and could say this to people. Also, if she was snatched for a childless couple, surely they would have preferred one of the younger children to raise as their own?

As sad as it is, I still believe a terrible accident occurred that night, and the parents disposed of her body and hushed it up. Believe me, I would rather think that she was out there alive and hopefully happy somewhere, but my belief is that she is dead and there will never be a resolution to this case.

Sadly, I too think this. However, I can't help but wonder why they would continue to publicise the case- apart from the money, and draw attention and scrutiny to themselves.
Reply 61
Original post by Apollo11
I can't help but wonder why they would continue to publicise the case- apart from the money, and draw attention and scrutiny to themselves.

Well of course it's so people don't forget. The public have a VERY short-term memory. They'll forget things quicker than you can say "Jan Moir, Live Earth, Jade Goody is a racist idiot, justice for the 96, professional wrestling kills children, that lad who's in some foreign prison and might be innocent x 38".

Is this the case for the McCanns though? Well, when they just dismiss a possible sighting after looking at photos, you have to wonder. It's a dangerous game they may allegedly be playing.
Original post by tvdx
I assume that if this is her, she will lose her 'Worlds Hide-and-Seek Champion' title?

Osama Bin Laden was hiding for a lot longer than her though...so she'd have never have had it anyway

And I'm sure there are plenty of others who have been in hiding for longer still

Bit off topic, but what the hey :smile:
In her most recent interview, Mrs McCann said she believes the kidnapper who took Madeleine may also have drugged her other two children.

She said she had to check that twins Sean and Amelie were still breathing because they did not wake as the frantic search for the missing three-year-old began.

She also believes the man who snatched her daughter may have gone to the holiday flat the night before but fled after being disturbed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019698/Madeleine-McCann-Hopes-dashed-sighting-India.html#ixzz1TVPEb6us

Im sorry but if you noticed a guy hanging around the apartment who fled after being disturbed the night before (which they probably left the kids on their own that night aswell) would you leave your kids on their own... not to mention that you wouldnt do it in the first place...

Another thing... In a panic looking for madeline how could conclude that the other two children had been drugged??? just because they didnt wake up?? and why weren't one of the other kids taken. They were younger and wold have had less idea about what was goig on.....

Anyway i hope that none of that is true. Because the parents would have to be pretty sick to put on a show for four years...
Reply 64
I'm sorry, but how the f*** do they have the right to confiscate their passports? Can any nutjob just go about saying they've seen someone thats looks like someone thats been abducted, and practically arrest the "suspects"?
Reply 65
Could anyone really recognise her after so long?
However, the biggest issue I have is with the whole abduction theory. There were two other children in the room at the time. Why were neither of these taken? They were only 2, probably had limited speech and memories. Maddy on the other hand knew exactly who her parents were, where she lived etc, and could say this to people. Also, if she was snatched for a childless couple, surely they would have preferred one of the younger children to raise as their own?

As sad as it is, I still believe a terrible accident occurred that night, and the parents disposed of her body and hushed it up. Believe me, I would rather think that she was out there alive and hopefully happy somewhere, but my belief is that she is dead and there will never be a resolution to this case.

Original post by RainbowDoll
Wow. :frown:
The parts in your post that I highlighted, I have always thought the same.
It just dosn't make sense.
My dad always said he thinks they gave the kids some sort of sedative to keep them quiet and make sure they slept while they went out, and that maybe they gave Maddie too much? It was reported somewhere that the twins were really groggy and didn't really wake up even when the room was full of policemen... seems odd. Poor little girl.

I don't disagree with you, but I just wanted thoughts on how they would have disposed of the body without anyone finding out?

There's all kinds of issues:
How did they get her out of their room and into their car without arousing suspicion or anyone seeing them?
They'd have had to find somewhere to dispose of the body (they were in a foreign country, right?) then actually disposed of it without being seen.
There'd have probably have been some blood stains (although if she was drugged maybe not)
Then there's the thought that a parent could just dispose of the body of their daughter with a total lack of remorse

I'm sure there are also plenty of other issues that this theory provokes

But I'm not convinced in any way, I just think the idea of disposing of the body of your young daughter in a foreign place without anyone seeing you is nigh in impossible.
Reply 67
if she's in india she probs will be working in the construction industry. Indias child labour laws are ridiculous
Reply 68
I have a personal connection to this case. I looked after Maddy at the nursery where she used to go from age 2-4. She was a lovely child, very sensitive and softly spoken.

Her parents too seemed nice when they used to collect her, although her mum was slightly aloof. It was awful when she went missing, and at first I felt the utmost sympathy for what her family must be going through.

However, as details began to emerge this changed. For any parent to leave their children alone for any length of time is deplorable. They should have been punished for this alone, but never were, which I still find hard to comprehend.

True, but you cannot disprove the idea that she was kidnapped just because one of many theories of the motive doesnt add up? Where is there any evidence at all for your proposed theory? Or it it based on the fact that her Mum appeared "aloof" when you saw her :s-smilie: ?
Original post by nonotrly
Jade Goody is a racist idiot

Pos rep for stating something I've been thinking for years
Daily mirror...that in itself should put you off.
You saw how they misreported the Joanna Yates case. They owe her previous landlord substantial amounts of money in compensation. :sigh:
Reply 72
sad
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 73
the metro reported that it was a false alarm today.
Reply 74
Original post by nonotrly
Well of course it's so people don't forget.

Yes but surely if they had killed Maddie they would want the public to forget so they could slip into oblivion and for all accusations to stop... it doesn't make sense. Surely they would want people to forget them.

It's a dangerous game they may allegedly be playing.
If it is found that the McCanns had something to do with it I hope they are severly punished. They got a lot of money and sympathy. I heard J.K Rowling offered to pay if a ransom was demanded (not sure if it's true but I remember reading it in a paper)

See responses
This whole story pisses me off and has done since the day she went missing.

If her parents had been working class and this had happened they would have been charged with negligence, leaving her at home alone, in a foreign country, while they went out to dinner.

As far as I care it was 100% the parent's fault that she went missing and in my honest opinion they should have been arrested and charged with negligence as if they had been being responsible, and hadn't left her alone all evening, then they would still have their kid.

As for this story, it isn't her. They would have mentioned the distinctive marking in her eye as that was one of the most important aspects of her appearance that was constantly mentioned by the press.

Lets be honest here, in all likelihood she was kept as a sex toy for a few days, then killed and buried in an unmarked grave, in the middle of a forest, miles from anywhere.
Reply 76
Original post by The Real Quaid
Osama Bin Laden was hiding for a lot longer than her though...so she'd have never have had it anyway

And I'm sure there are plenty of others who have been in hiding for longer still

Bit off topic, but what the hey :smile:

I guess her's wasn't really her hiding, more like her being hidden.
Original post by welshmun
Could anyone really recognise her after so long?

This.

I can't pretend to know what I'm talking about, but all the 'years later' photos look pretty generic to me, and the only thing that really distinguishes her is the eye marking, which seems to have been conveniently forgotten. It is also a good reason she may have been killed thanks to the publicity, even if her captors (if there were any) didn't originally mean to do that.
Reply 78
Maddy has had a tour of the world with all the sighting she's had!
Original post by mackemforever
This whole story pisses me off and has done since the day she went missing.

If her parents had been working class and this had happened they would have been charged with negligence, leaving her at home alone, in a foreign country, while they went out to dinner.

As far as I care it was 100% the parent's fault that she went missing and in my honest opinion they should have been arrested and charged with negligence as if they had been being responsible, and hadn't left her alone all evening, then they would still have their kid.

As for this story, it isn't her. They would have mentioned the distinctive marking in her eye as that was one of the most important aspects of her appearance that was constantly mentioned by the press.

Lets be honest here, in all likelihood she was kept as a sex toy for a few days, then killed and buried in an unmarked grave, in the middle of a forest, miles from anywhere.

Wow, I can't really give you rep over such a tragic subject, but you've pretty much summed it up there.

Except for the point about class. True, but if I had the money and influence, I'd do anything I could to get my child back. They're still human even if they're negligent and not very nice. Unless they killed her. Then they're monsters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending