The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
59, so moderate anxiety disorder. Can't say I'm surprised... I really hate eye contact with people I don't know.
18. And I am 18. And I'm born on the 18. hahaaa
Reply 102
I have not been diagnosed with any form of anxiety disorder, but I took the test anyway as I'm not the most comfortable person in social situations and also because I was curious.

Surprisingly (or not) my score was quite high, and apparently, I fall into the very severe social anxiety disorder category. I have a high fear score, but my avoidance score is quite a bit lower. This also doesn't surprise me all that much as I do find I get quite odd 'kicks' from placing myself into situations that provoke fear. I hate myself for it at the time, but afterwards, I feel a slight sense of elation which I find quite addictive. :colondollar:
80 severe social anxiety disorder
83...don't judge me
its not a good test, it's asking for your opinion.
e.g 'are you assertive' some people would like to think so, but when they are really not.!
Reply 106
2 fear 0 avoidance
84 :/

i'm sure if i took this when i was 16 it would be more than double that ha.

guess this kinda reinforces the fact that i've improved a lot, i was a bit of a nervous wreck during 6th form, especially with girls.
89, severe social anxiety. I get nervous just going up to counters to pay for something. :ashamed:

Oddly I don't mind talking to strangers every now and then though, it's mostly when I'm with my friends in public that I panic and worry that I'm not saying enough/anything worth saying. I usually wake up with knots in my stomach if I know I'm going on a night out in the evening, I feel sick and paranoid all day.

Thank gawd for TSR so I can offload my senseless ramblings onto you lovely people! :colone:
Reply 110
only 16.
17. I hate public speaking though so that's where most of my points come from.
Reply 112
104! we're screwed guys!:tongue:
Reply 113
Original post by * Katie *
122... I think I have social anxiety. I need to see someone about it, but it's kinda bad when what's preventing you is the condition you need to see them about. :frown:

my life exactly!
Reply 114
Original post by irina793
18. And I am 18. And I'm born on the 18. hahaaa

haha, awesome
Reply 115
34... I thought it would be much higher.
Original post by zae2yaya
97.... I am very aware of my social anxiety. It's weird though, because I get these random bursts of confidence at times and just dive into some things (like dance at a party, or even join a convo with a group of people already talking before I arrived). It comes out of no where, and then I realize what happened, get self conscious, and end up looking like a complete spazz in front of people. It's quite entertaining, really.

I feel your pain. I get like this sometimes.
91. Severe apparantly.
Reply 118
Original post by why_
my life exactly!

I hate my life atm. I feel so useless. I know stuff is wrong with me and I don't like thinking something is wrong. I also don't like other people knowing there's something wrong, so when I have these stupid anxiety problems, it just makes me feel worse when others see me and make assumptions on what I'm like. :frown:
Reply 119

Latest

Trending

Trending