The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by FluxD
Oh god, you summed up what I hate about freshers in one word: 'messy'.

I swear brah, Newcastle nightlife is actually quite nice during non-semester time (don't believe what you see on Geordie Shore). Then when all the sixth formers get driven up by mummy it all goes to shit, with promoters trying to capitalize on them and rinse their student loans.

"OMG OMG OMG MESSY NIGHT, R U READY FRESHERS!!?!?!

2NITE IZ GOING 2 B ABSOLUOOTLEY SICK, AND U N UR FLATEM8S MITE B 2 LOLOLOL

TONIGHT ONLY!!! - SLAGS GET IN FREE! XD
BUCKET OF WATERED DOWN VODKA + MIXER - ONLY £2.50
PISS POOR LAGER - 99P
JAGERBOMBS 200 FOR A QUID, YES THATS RIGHT FRESHERS TWO F*CKING HUNDRED SHOTS OF JAGER FOR A QUID

GET DOWN EARLY BECAUSE IT IS GOING TO BE MESSY/WILD/CRAZY/WHACKY/OMGLOL

IT WOULD BE RUDE NOT TO XD XD XD ^_______________^"

I don't mind this, but as they get accustomed here they start to invade my nice bars and clubs :frown:.

I don't like grumpy you :frown:

I like student term time coz its 90% students 5% filthy old perves and 5% pikeys/chavs looking for a fight or someone to sell drugs to instead of 50% students, 50% the rest non-term time.
Reply 861
Original post by mirin?
Yeah, agreed, Newcastle is a really chilled out place when these loons don't trash it. I blame Chris 'Carnage' Williamson, what an absolute afro ****. You do know who i'm talking about right? I swear he is everywhere.

And i hate student nights. Prefer a normal club night with students without the gimmicks.

He is one of my mates lol.

But yeah we have a running joke that Voodoo Project is for doylums like, and that their guestlisters spam the **** out of everywhere. I prefer Perdu, Tokyo, Tup Tup, Pitcher and Piano, Vod Revs, more up class places than student watering holes filled with scrawny freshers barely out of puberty.

But even they get infiltrated during term time to an extent.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 862
Original post by FluxD
He is one of my mates lol.

But yeah we have a running joke that Voodoo Project is for doylums like. I prefer Perdu, Tup Tup, Pitcher and Piano, Vod Revs, more up class places than student watering holes filled with scrawny freshers barely out of puberty.

Lol, tell him to stop spamming my fb and we'll be cool.

Perdu and Tup Tup are a better crowd, way less annoying Ed Sheeran twlookalike phags.

Btw, you know Dave Bretton? Too much real life lol, fuark, anonymity threatened.
Brahs, how do you tell the difference between loose skin and flab?

Meh, fresher's was pretty much non-existant for me. Pretty gutted I didn't **** about a lot more often in first year.
Reply 864
Original post by mirin?
Lol, tell him to stop spamming my fb and we'll be cool.

Perdu and Tup Tup are a better crowd, way less annoying Ed Sheeran twlookalike phags.

Btw, you know Dave Bretton? Too much real life lol, fuark, anonymity threatened.

I know dat crowd brah.

Since I graduated and I'm broke I'm pretty much a social recluse until I get paper rolling in though :frown:.
Original post by FluxD
Just smashed gym and town was filled to the brim with freshers. Holy **** they are so annoying.

Why do they need to go around in packs of like 5+ everywhere? Away from mammy and daddy for the first time they have to roam around in groups with disgusting clothing, horrible loud obnoxious doylum voices/accents and without any consideration of how to act in public. They make me ill. Even my only sanctury; the gym, has been infiltrated by these ugly, malformed creatures DB raising 5kg DBs and managing to get in the way of the mirror when I'm checking form on every single set.

"Oh yah, lets go to Newcastle it is a party city yah, it will be so kool yah" GET THE **** OUT!

Yes mad.

Yeah I noticed that too, tonight. I thought Freshers' Week is about being lash gordon for literally the whole week. Not going around with your new posse of friends in the gym at 7pm.

It's not usually until the week after Freshers', when they failed to pull every night in a row and think it is down to their single digit sized arms that they go to the gym en masse to curl until they hurl.
Reply 866
there's a crossfit gym near me, might check it out
Reply 868
the crossfit gym near me is actually full of faggots (serious). One of the guys at my uni left there because they were all so faggish all the time.

I see them walking around town in huge crossfit logo tops with "we don't use machines...we build them" written on the back.
Original post by CB5
the crossfit gym near me is actually full of faggots (serious). One of the guys at my uni left there because they were all so faggish all the time.

I see them walking around town in huge crossfit logo tops with "we don't use machines...we build them" written on the back.

lol I've seen some tshirts too, main one I've seen is something like "I warm up with your max". Skinny fcuker wearing it too lol :biggrin:

Though I looked at the website a few months back and they have some cracking equipment there... Worth a look at some point I think
:coma:

hmm defo need to ease up on shoulder for a little, hurting again today. will have to change a few exercises round, lots of icing too
Think it's time to take some time off. Last bench session i strained my pec, last night strained my quad. Calve went before that. Body is breaking down one body part at a time :frown: Im trying to hold off until i know im in Stavanger 100% then i'll use that time has a break.
Original post by Shawshank
:coma:

God damn!
interview monday for another law firm I'm on fire at the moment :smile: lol

glad too because I didn't turn up to my call centre interview this morning lol. Minimum wage job in call centre is something I really don't want to do, and it would be hard to get out of lol
Original post by fridgefreezergirl
interview monday for another law firm I'm on fire at the moment :smile: lol

glad too because I didn't turn up to my call centre interview this morning lol. Minimum wage job in call centre is something I really don't want to do, and it would be hard to get out of lol

i need to get on with applying to law firms, need a part time paralegal job
Disappointed so far with the lack of hot girls at my accommodation...

Will investigate further.
You're making me oddly nostalgic.
Original post by Michael XYZ
Disappointed so far with the lack of hot girls at my accommodation...

Will investigate further.

lol you'll probably find that uni is wayyy overhyped
Plus I totally get what you mean FluxD. I'm all for having fun but people who go acting way too crazy about it always feel so fake to me. =/

Original post by fridgefreezergirl
lol you'll probably find that uni is wayyy overhyped

Don't say that! :frown:

Edit: Also, not sure who, but there's a guy on the FB page for my accom. who looks a lot like either burningnun or commandant. Just one pic that I've seen of one of you. :P
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest