The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

why kind of dance did u do...contemporary/hiphop etc?

are most people who went like professional dancers?...
Reply 21
had mine last friday. There was a lot of dancing and waving of arms in the air! At the end though they asked for people with a list of special skills like in line skating, ballet pointe, drums ect. I do pointe but not very advanced and stupidly i put my hand up, so il get a pointe audition but also means i probably wont be considered for anything else which i really regret because when put next to someone else my pointework is going to look shocking :frown:
Reply 22
Has mine this morning. Has anyone heard back to say whether they need to attend another audition?
did u also get ur measurements taken so they have ur measurements for a costume... incase u are chosen for a role like it said in the email?

if u dont put ur hand up for any other special skills at the end then will they just assess u on the dancing that you had done earlier in the audition? and u would then only be called back for a 2nd audition based on the dancing?
also does anyone know if when u audition u do it for just the opening ceremony or just the closing ceremony? u wouldnt be in both ceremonies u would just get picked for the role for one of the ceremonies? x
Reply 25
Original post by happyending
also does anyone know if when u audition u do it for just the opening ceremony or just the closing ceremony? u wouldnt be in both ceremonies u would just get picked for the role for one of the ceremonies? x

It could be one or both depending on how well you do at the auditions.
Your meaasurements are taken at registration including shoe size too.
Reply 26
Hey how did you get auditions? xx
Reply 27
Original post by Eed35
Hey how did you get auditions? xx

I applied online a month ago. Got shortlisted and now I'm waiting to hear whether I have been shortlisted (again) to attend another audition. I pray to God that I got it :smile:
Original post by chanchan

Original post by chanchan
I applied online a month ago. Got shortlisted and now I'm waiting to hear whether I have been shortlisted (again) to attend another audition. I pray to God that I got it :smile:

Any advice on what to bring and wear??
Reply 29
Heya, I had my first audition and passed that, now have my second one towards the end of Nov (which is role specific). I wore leggings a t shirt and trainers. It can get quite hot and sweaty...so be comfy! I also wish I had thought to put my hair up! Hope that helps and Good Luck! Z
Reply 30
Original post by zna79
Heya, I had my first audition and passed that, now have my second one towards the end of Nov (which is role specific). I wore leggings a t shirt and trainers. It can get quite hot and sweaty...so be comfy! I also wish I had thought to put my hair up! Hope that helps and Good Luck! Z

Heya what did your e-mail say and what role did you get considered for? Also was the 2nd interview on the last weekend of November?
Reply 31
Just congratulations on being invited to a recall audition. It is not on the last weekend in Nov. A friend I made at my first audition (on Thursday) has hers at the end of November and she is a professional actress, so I am assuming they are considering her for an acting role. Who knows?!
what are/is your role-specific audition for? is it for further dance...tap...Gymnastics? What other skills are they looking for?
Also what was your first audition like in regard to the dancing- what type of dancing did they do? Apart from the dancing did they make u do anything else?
Im sooo nervous about my audition! xx
I had my first audition on Sat morning, recall email on Sunday evening.

I am not a dancer in any sense of the word and it was all ok. Well, maybe a little out of my comfort zone for the last coreographed section. BUT, I made it through so it really can't be too hard.

I would love to know what role I am auditioning for next week. I am presuming and hoping it won't involve too much dancing!

There were lots of girls and real dancers at my first audition but also some older people and about 25% men. I hear that they are short on males and are looking for more.

Anyone who still has the 1st audition to go should relax and just enjoy it. It is quite good fun and nobody is singled out for anything, all is done in a group.

Looking forward to hearing how people get on with their 2nd audition!
Reply 34
Original post by littlemissk
basically it's a lot of dancing. they have a few choreographed movements which they teach to a room full of people, and then you do it in waves while other people watch. sweaty!

good fun, they explain a lot about the spirit of the olympics and what they're trying to achieve - but not what they're looking for: "just enthusiastic, happy people we'd want to work with"... i suspect that if you have some dancing ability you'll be way ahead - good luck!

Sounds pretty gay.
Original post by shadwell_lad

Original post by shadwell_lad
I had my first audition on Sat morning, recall email on Sunday evening.

I am not a dancer in any sense of the word and it was all ok. Well, maybe a little out of my comfort zone for the last coreographed section. BUT, I made it through so it really can't be too hard.

I would love to know what role I am auditioning for next week. I am presuming and hoping it won't involve too much dancing!

There were lots of girls and real dancers at my first audition but also some older people and about 25% men. I hear that they are short on males and are looking for more.

Anyone who still has the 1st audition to go should relax and just enjoy it. It is quite good fun and nobody is singled out for anything, all is done in a group.

Looking forward to hearing how people get on with their 2nd audition!

You have now given me hope i may get through :biggrin:
Im not a dancer but still on in doing it, and plus they are short on males so yeeea :grin:

Mines tomorrow btw, should i bring anything or what should i wear, is there changing rooms?
Reply 36
Original post by CarlitosWayz12
You have now given me hope i may get through :biggrin:
Im not a dancer but still on in doing it, and plus they are short on males so yeeea :grin:

Mines tomorrow btw, should i bring anything or what should i wear, is there changing rooms?

nope only ID and your letter as proof that you received via e-mail.
There arent any changing rooms so come how you wish to be during the audition.
Good Luck :smile:
Reply 37
Does anybody have an audition on Saturday 12th November...would be good to know some other people going?
I have my first audition on saturday 12th november. soo nervous! what time is yours...mine is at 1.30!
Reply 39
I had my audition on Saturday and didn't get a response...

Feel a bit gutted to be honest, pretty sure I had more sense of time than several of the people there.

Haven't had a rejection email though - did anyone else get one?

Latest