The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Original post by Perseverance
Does anyone else have zero offers - despite sending it out a while ago? Mine went out mid-October and I haven't heard anything.

It really depends on where you have applied, as my mate got all 5 conditional offers within 14 days of her application being sent off

whereas i sent mine off at the beggining of Nov and am still waiting to hear from Staffordshire..
Reply 1541
Original post by chiggy321

Original post by chiggy321
Yay! I have an offer at Nottingham Uni for Law!! Been waiting so long for it and finally got it through today :smile:

when did u send it-im still waiting :frown:
Original post by PKaurB
when did u send it-im still waiting :frown:

Sent mine on October 14th - quite some time ago now! I wouldn't worry, at least you know they've started sending them now so it could come any time soon.
Reply 1543
phewww i sent mine on the 20th-hopefully will hear something soon! :smile:
Original post by Sean9001
Nottingham offer! Can't believe it, they only want AAB! My luck is in :smile:

Original post by star_5
Offer from Nottingham :biggrin:

Oh my god I'm incredibly jealous!!!!!!
Massive congratulations I really hope I get an offer as well I sent mine 15th November so I guess it's understandable they haven't got back to me yet. I'm predicted AAA and I'm reapplying after resitting the year though I have extenuating circumstances.

Well done again!!
Original post by Fward
I got a conditional offer from sheffield too on the 24th Nov...for Law and Criminology....i sent my application off on the 8th, but i think i mainly got the offer due to being predicted the grades A*AA, as i have pretty much no experience, except for ALevel Law

congratulations :biggrin: ... i got my offer aswell so on the 28ths and i sent mine on the 22nd so it was sudden to hear from them very soon. my predicted grades were A*AB and i had experience at my local advise centre ... however i dont study a level law lol
Reply 1546
Original post by student_in_distres
congratulations :biggrin: ... i got my offer aswell so on the 28ths and i sent mine on the 22nd so it was sudden to hear from them very soon. my predicted grades were A*AB and i had experience at my local advise centre ... however i dont study a level law lol

Well done!!! What degree have u applied for?? are you going to the open day on the 7th?
Original post by Fward
Well done!!! What degree have u applied for?? are you going to the open day on the 7th?

M100 law LLB ... the open day on the 7th was full when i wanted to book it so it left me with the 1st of feb instead .. wbu which open day are you going to ?
Reply 1548
M100 law LLB ... the open day on the 7th was full when i wanted to book it so it left me with the 1st of feb instead .. wbu which open day are you going to ?

Im going to the one on the 7th Dec, you must have been really unlucky not to get a place for that open day, as i didnt book mine that long ago
Original post by Fward
Im going to the one on the 7th Dec, you must have been really unlucky not to get a place for that open day, as i didnt book mine that long ago

Yea i just missed a place in next weeks open day .. nevermind i want to focus on exams first then uni in feb so it actually plans out okay .. are you from sheff and is it ur first choice ?
Reply 1550
Has anyone heard for law with french and french law at Nottingham!? I'm slowly dying inside now the just law offers are coming in....
Original post by L-C
Has anyone heard for law with french and french law at Nottingham!? I'm slowly dying inside now the just law offers are coming in....

Same. I'm so nervous. How did everyones LNAT go?
x
Reply 1552
Original post by puddingpie
x

Heya, I'm not too sure about my lnat! I got an interview at oxford and they look at it so cant have been an utter disaster but don't really know how good its got to be to get on notts' tiny course... Are you doing law with french law at all your unis and where have you applied? Good luck and let me know when you hear!
x

The essay was okay but you never really know with the multiple choice. I got the email from Nottingham today about if you were good you'll get an offer soon so I;m mentally nervous right now! Hope I get an offer so I can relax for January exams.

Original post by L-C
Heya, I'm not too sure about my lnat! I got an interview at oxford and they look at it so cant have been an utter disaster but don't really know how good its got to be to get on notts' tiny course... Are you doing law with french law at all your unis and where have you applied? Good luck and let me know when you hear!

Oh wow! Well done. I'm only doing straight Law and I've applied for Nottingham, Leicester, Keele, Huddersfield and Chester. What about you?
Original post by Omiclops

Original post by Omiclops
The essay was okay but you never really know with the multiple choice. I got the email from Nottingham today about if you were good you'll get an offer soon so I;m mentally nervous right now! Hope I get an offer so I can relax for January exams.

I found the essay alright. Some of the multiple choice questions threw but, like you said, you can never tell! That's what is making me nervous. I'm getting scared because a lot of people have already got offers! Bloody waiting game -.-

x
Reply 1556
Yea i just missed a place in next weeks open day .. nevermind i want to focus on exams first then uni in feb so it actually plans out okay .. are you from sheff and is it ur first choice ?

thats ok then.....nope not from sheffield, im from devon...so i've got a 5 hour journey there and back for this open day :s-smilie:
I don't know what i am putting as my first choice yet as i have only visited 2 of the unis i have applied for....hopefully the sheffield open day will make my choice a bit easier

How about you?? you from sheffield?? first choice??
I found the essay alright. Some of the multiple choice questions threw but, like you said, you can never tell! That's what is making me nervous. I'm getting scared because a lot of people have already got offers! Bloody waiting game -.-

x

Innit it's so depressing! Where have you applied? I just hope Nottingham or UCL give me an offer, don't mind too much but if I got either I'd be over the moon! I'm just worried that because I haven't got an offer yet my LNAT went badly :/
Original post by michael321
Ta. What are your GCSE grades and predicted A-levels? Did you think the LNAT went well?

:smile:. 2A*, 7A, 2B, 2C and my predictions are AAAA. I think it went better than expected, and I have an offer from another LNAT university so I'm hoping it did actually go quite well.
Original post by SecretCircus
:smile:. 2A*, 7A, 2B, 2C and my predictions are AAAA. I think it went better than expected, and I have an offer from another LNAT university so I'm hoping it did actually go quite well.

You should be fine. Apparently Nottingham give out around 500 offers out of 1500 applications, so as long as you're in the top third (which you probably are with good grades and a good LNAT) you should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending