The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
Original post by I Kant Spall
I just sent out my UCAS app today. May I join you guys in this cozy thread? :sexface:

Welcome to madness. :holmes:
I call it 'UCAS paranoia' - Constantly cheeking E-Mails for some kind of digital happiness, in the form of 'something has changed on your UCAS application'.
Reply 2442
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Question. Are offers always made during Monday-Friday 9-5?

Or are they sent automatically through some kind of standard e-mail and as such can arrive at random hours?

No they are not always made between 9-5, as i had one come through at 4:15am :smile:
Original post by StacFace
I applied to Plymouth (but for Law) and got an offer on Track after 15 days, a letter then arrived a few days later telling me to "look out" for the offer.

Thanks
Original post by TheDubs
Offers? It depends, did you give them a Personal Statement they can't refuse?

I hope so. I certainly loved the reference my school gave me, and I got several teachers to look at it.
Reply 2445
Please note that offers comes out depending on the Uni and department. Some Uni/department take longer than others to hadn out offers. Some Unis may wait until afte the 15 Jan deadline to hand out offers. They have also have until May to reply.
Reply 2446
Is it normal to have a different personal ID for track and apply?! I don't remember having different ones last year? :redface: I just noticed now after trying to log into track before getting my welcome letter :P
Original post by yb93
Is it normal to have a different personal ID for track and apply?! I don't remember having different ones last year? :redface: I just noticed now after trying to log into track before getting my welcome letter :P

Is one your old ID probably? (The apply one I'd think?)
Original post by yb93

I think most people who applied last year have get their old ID back.:smile:
TSR Newsletter.:mad2:
Reply 2450
has anyone been rejected by exeter yet? I can feel it coming :frown:
I want my first offer - I think I'd be extremely happy if I were to get one!
Durham, PLEASE SEND OUT OFFERS FOR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT.

Thankyou very much.
Reply 2453
Original post by Beebumble
I think most people who applied last year have get their old ID back.:smile:

Oh okay :smile: thanks!

Original post by JohnJoe
Is one your old ID probably? (The apply one I'd think?)

Yep the old ID is the track one... which is why i thought it was strange but oh well, all my choices are there so it must be normal :biggrin:
Tomorrow marks 7 weeks since I sent my application for maths, and still no offers. :frown:
Original post by derangedyoshi
Tomorrow marks 7 weeks since I sent my application for maths, and still no offers. :frown:

:hugs: Looks like the uni's you've applied to arn't giving out offers until the deadline.
:hugs: Looks like the uni's you've applied to arn't giving out offers until the deadline.

Well, loads of people have Warwick offers :frown: but I think most of the others haven't given out too many. :h:
Reply 2457
Original post by derangedyoshi

Same for me, hehe. Well I've had one offer for an interview but that is it. Thing is I know the uni I want to go to IS making offers, not sure about my subject department thoug.
Feeling a bit nervous now. :frown:

Still nothing from Essex and Sussex? They're taking a while, aren't they?

Sussex is the only one of my unis that hasn't given me an acknowledgement yet.
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Still nothing from Essex and Sussex? They're taking a while, aren't they?

Sussex is the only one of my unis that hasn't given me an acknowledgement yet.

They're giving out offers but I've heard nothing. :frown: Better than a rejection I suppose!
I only received official acknowledgement from Winchester and Essex. So I wouldn't worry about that.

Well done on the Exeter offer btw!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending