The Student Room Group

Stephen Lawrence murder: Dobson and Norris found guilty

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Some justice, finally.
Huge relief. I was just one years old when this happened. However it was that big of a case, especially within the black community, that I learned the significance of the case as I grew up from friends and family. Proud a bit of justice has been delivered, all praises to the British judicial system and unyielding fighting spirit of Lawrence's family.

Some good news for 2012!

edit: whoever neg this post, I wish I believed in a hell as I'd sit more comfortable knowing you would burn in it. Pathetic.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Respect to the forensics team who managed to put together sufficient evidence from the absolute mess that was created first time round. This case has seen the best and worst of police work.

On a less PC note, I hope Dobson and Norris encounter some interesting cell mates in prison.
Reply 4
Better late than never I suppose.
Reply 5
Bravo, justice for his family at last. Just a shame the other animals that were involved are still out there.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
I might be a bit stupid saying this but does anyone think they might be innocent and may also be wrongly convicted.
Original post by Matthew12
I might be a bit stupid saying this but does anyone think they might be innocent and may also be wrongly convicted.

On what basis?
Reply 8

Not really, no.
Reply 9
I'm not trolling but anyone think they may be used as a way of trying to close this case as soon as possible seeing as this case has gone on shamefully so long.
Reply 10
I'm not trolling but anyone think they may be used as a way of trying to close this case as soon as possible seeing as this case has gone on shamefully so long.

Not really, no.

Are they guilty? Does the Pope **** in the woods? (Well he would if a bear was chasing him)

Edit:- Would whoever gave - rep please explain why you disagree with my opinion that they're guilty.
(edited 12 years ago)
On the basis of what? I agree there are wrong convictions. But obviously the jury felt the evidence was stacked high enough to have them pass a guilty verdict.
Reply 12
Sooo glad!

No they said that they found new evidence which clearly showed that they were a part of the group that beat him to death.
Reply 14
About time. I hope his parents can finally find some peace, how they've handled this for so long with so much dignity is seriously inspirational.
Nice for Lawrence family but the conviction will be overturned on appeal as it's unsafe evidence.
A white person kills a black person racist murder people go mad. Black person kills white person - its not a racist murder. Double standards.
Original post by Jackthevillain
A white person kills a black person racist murder people go mad. Black person kills white person - its not a racist murder. Double standards.

It is a racist killing because the motives were adjudged to have been racial. If a black person kills a white person and their motives are racial then yes it is a racist killing. Similarly if a white person kills a black person and there is no racist motive then it is not a racist killing.

A year after Stephen's death, secret surveillance footage filmed in Dobson's Eltham flat captured the men's hate-filled racist outlook on life.

In the 1994 video, which was shown to the Old Bailey jury in the 2011 murder trial, Norris was heard to say: "I would go down Catford and places like that I am telling you now, with two sub-machine guns."

Using extremely racist and sexually explicit language, he said he would take a black person, torture them, skin them alive and set them alight.

"I would blow their two arms and legs off and say 'go on, you can swim home now'. They would be bobbing around like that."

He also shared an anecdote about beating up a black man, thought to be in his 60s, in a park following an argument.
(edited 12 years ago)
So good to hear :smile:
Original post by Jackthevillain

The motives of the Stephen Lawrence's murderers was race - they've admitted this themselves. Therefore, this constitutes as a racist murder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending