The Student Room Group

C1 Edexcel C1 13 January 2012 - how did you find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Larry31
Phew...I took it to my teacher and she was like 'Its easy' then tried to work through it and even she got confused, she asked if it was like a 7 mark question and we were like 'No only 3 marks' and she was like :O

:rolleyes::eek::nope:
Reply 21
Original post by omar1995
was that the one where you had to prove the normal?

yes thats the one!
Reply 22
Original post by siwelmail
you just told us the 3 co ords.

Really...well that's just depressing...i swear in the exam hall all my mathmatical knowledge and common sense just buggers off somewhere :P
Reply 23
Original post by sahand
You had to differentiate the equation and put in the x co-ordinate that would find you the gradient then the negative reciprocal of that would be the gradient of the normal and they y co-ordinate was 0 anyway...

oh right, okay thank you:smile: i think i did that.. :/
Reply 24
really happy after seeing those answers :biggrin: i think i got something between 66-69 :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by sahand
I still don't understand how it's possible, I wonder if anyone else here knows...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9BA23C401BDC92CE
I feel so thick now since you guys are saying it's easy.
Reply 28
It was pretty hard. I was generally getting 100% in past papers but made quite a few mistakes on this one.
Reply 29
Original post by Pen Island
I thought that for a C1 exam it was quite challenging compared to past papers. Wasn't too bad though.

What did everybody get on the one where there was the graph and on the last part you had to find the area of the triange? My answer seemed stupid so I think I went wrong somewhere :s-smilie:

Area of the triangle I got 52/3 which i'm pretty sure is right. The sequences threw me coz of the big numbers i either got 400 or -400 as i kept changing and couldnt decide lol since it was a salary increase. but if you chose 400 for T your P would be negative and he cant start of with a negative salary... the question may have been wrong tbh
Reply 30
Original post by Stardust Mirage
I feel so thick now since you guys are saying it's easy.

It was not easy.
Remember the students who are still up gone midnight are good students often scoring high marks because they care about success (and rightly so).
There will be many tucked up in bed or in a nightclub who may have found it hard too.
Really thought that it would be harder than that to be honest as I was getting in the 80's for past papers just through silly mistakes. Ironed out all but one of my mistakes I think during the last 10 mins. On the surd question I multiplied the two threes together and got three...

Also it's infuriating to see how easy it was to work out the area of the triangle, I was using some pretty messy surds but got 52/3 in the end. :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Bread Basket
Really thought that it would be harder than that to be honest as I was getting in the 80's for past papers just through silly mistakes. Ironed out all but one of my mistakes I think during the last 10 mins. On the surd question I multiplied the two threes together and got three...

Also it's infuriating to see how easy it was to work out the area of the triangle, I was using some pretty messy surds but got 52/3 in the end. :smile:

urgh i left it as 104/6 :frown: i guess i'd lose 1 mark then
Original post by xy5
It was not easy.
Remember the students who are still up gone midnight are good students often scoring high marks because they care about success (and rightly so).
There will be many tucked up in bed or in a nightclub who may have found it hard too.

thank you. I feel a bit better now. Ive decided if i get less then a B ill resit.
Original post by xxZazxx
urgh i left it as 104/6 :frown: i guess i'd lose 1 mark then

I don't know, I simplified it to a mixed number.
Original post by xy5
It was not easy.

If you isolate this sentence, in any other context it sounds contadictory but I know what you mean.
Reply 38
Yo guys I worked out T to be 200/9 cuz 10P+90T=10P+9T+1800 since Sn of both is the same, then take 10P+9T to the other side leaving you with 81T=1800 divide both sides by 9 leaving you with 9T=200, so T=200/9. Isnt that right? where did u get the 400 from?
For sequence 2 if you put it into the formula for the sum of a sequence you should get 10P+45T+18000. You can then solve it and get T=400.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending