The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nereik6794
Yeh I'd take 2 tbh. I think I have 65/75 without working marks, hopefully enough to be in the 80's. What about you?

I reckon about 65 as well, dont want to be too opimistic through.

What have you got in the rest of Maths A level?
Got somewhere between 57 and 67. Gonna have to pray that the examiners are generous with the marking if I want an A.
Original post by Arsey
Very easy I thought

Arsey are you going to be doing this for the FP1 exam on the 30th ????
Reply 163
The worked through questions are on youtube now
Original post by POWW!
The worked through questions are on youtube now

Link???
Reply 165
Original post by vishcr7
when the force is removed, shouldnt that make the body go downward? so 4gsin30-fmax=4a?

no, the question implies the particle continues to move up the plane until it comes to rest.
Reply 166
Can anyone help!!!

For 8C I got the retardation right, however I misread the question, worked out the time between the string snapped off and the object came to a stop instead of the distance....how many marks do you guys think I'd lose?

Thanks guys!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 167
Please help me someone! I got every question right up to 8 where I stupidly put 36cos60 and 36sin60 instead of having the angle of 30 on each. I had a stupid moment where I added the two 30s together thinking I was resolving horizontally or something, this obviously gave me the wrong answers to all of question 8, do I lose all 14 marks or do I gain any as all the working is correct I just got that angle wrong? Please someone reply that actually knows what they are on about
Reply 169
Original post by deathhead68
Please help me someone! I got every question right up to 8 where I stupidly put 36cos60 and 36sin60 instead of having the angle of 30 on each. I had a stupid moment where I added the two 30s together thinking I was resolving horizontally or something, this obviously gave me the wrong answers to all of question 8, do I lose all 14 marks or do I gain any as all the working is correct I just got that angle wrong? Please someone reply that actually knows what they are on about

You would get method marks
Reply 170
It wasn't a difficult paper but the thing that I found challenging was just how little time I had left. Usually I have at least 20 minutes to check my answers but I found myself finishing with only five minutes to go. The last parts of 5, 7 and 8 were all quite challenging. Hopefully with 63 I can scrape an A. Although 69 is way too high.
Reply 171
Take the last 5 marker out and the paper was very student friendly.
Not a good paper to differentiate between top students IMO.
Original post by jusjes
It wasn't a difficult paper but the thing that I found challenging was just how little time I had left. Usually I have at least 20 minutes to check my answers but I found myself finishing with only five minutes to go. The last parts of 5, 7 and 8 were all quite challenging. Hopefully with 63 I can scrape an A. Although 69 is way too high.

I had about 10-15 minutes checking time, but I check as I do it. This means I don't have to re-read the question and understand it again at the end. Its a lot more efficient if you are confident you will have enough time to finish the paper.
Reply 173
100UMS :-)

lol haters
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 174
Original post by briscoem
no, the question implies the particle continues to move up the plane until it comes to rest.

i always mastered such questions when i did the past papers. i knew due to inertia the body would continue to go up. this HAD to happen in the main paper. SO highly disappointed!
I really ****ed this paper up I fell im defo gonna have to resit yet again in Jun. FML.
Reply 176
Original post by Az_016
100UMS :-)

my boy extricated got 100 in this :colone: you and him should be playing SNAP :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 177
Just a quick question. With the graphs I labelled the time axis like this <----6----> as apposed to marking the time at a certain point along the graph. Would this be acceptable?

Cheers!
Original post by Clatters
Just a quick question. With the graphs I labelled the time axis like this <----6----> as apposed to marking the time at a certain point along the graph. Would this be acceptable?

Cheers!

I'm sure that's fine!!
For the moments question (part b), does it matter if I multiplied by answer by 9.8 at the end and got rid of the g?

Latest

Trending

Trending