The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
Maybe go to Milton Keynes City, there actually used to be one until it folded years ago, I mean MK is no real connection to Wimbledon really, so as you said it won't matter if they did drop the Dons from it.

Maybe MK City, although technically we're still not a city. :rolleyes: Just after Wimbledon moved to MK there was a suggestion that we could take the name of the consortium (who own the stadium) - Inter MK. :tongue:
Inter MK ha then you could do a Notts County and steal the colours of a football club :biggrin: Notts County's kit is based on Juventus, MK could take Inter Milan's kit :biggrin:
Inter MK ha then you could do a Notts County and steal the colours of a football club :biggrin: Notts County's kit is based on Juventus, MK could take Inter Milan's kit :biggrin:

despite Notts County existing before Juve?

Juventus stole Notts County's colours if anything.
Original post by Alofleicester
despite Notts County existing before Juve?

Juventus stole Notts County's colours if anything.

Yup a quick google shows you lot first had black and white vertical stripes in 1890, before Juventus were even formed, and before the geordies adopted the strip colours too :wink:
Original post by original_username
Yup a quick google shows you lot first had black and white vertical stripes in 1890, before Juventus were even formed, and before the geordies adopted the strip colours too :wink:

you lot?

As I thought my postings in here, and username, would suggest, I'm a Leicester fan.
I quite like Notts County though, they were very hospitable on the last two occasions we went to play forest.
you lot?

As I thought my postings in here, and username, would suggest, I'm a Leicester fan.
I quite like Notts County though, they were very hospitable on the last two occasions we went to play forest.

:facepalm2:

I didn't read your name. My bad.

I hope your actual lots good run comes to an end soon, already a ridiculous amount of competition for playoffs as it is :wink:
Oh yeah course Notts County been going way before Juventus. Think only Sheffield FC are older than Notts County.
Reply 6707
And Halifax maybe..
Birminghams latest victims claimed. Goals galore at the moment for us.

Chrisy Hughtons Bosman Army!
he only scores in the cup, he only scores in the cup, woah, Jermaine Beckford, he only scores in the cup. :biggrin:

Round 5, here we come.

What an embarrassment. Obviously didn't want it or give a damn! Shame because a defeat like that won't have done the confidence of the players much good. Still, promotion is indeed more important than a cup run. A league 1 team will never win the FA CUP anyway and I have seen a few good cup runs over the years.

Must forget about today and focus on next weekends game at Colchester.

Good luck in the next round.

OH yessss
lets face it that was the real match to watch today :P
3 home games in 4 without a goal now, this is just getting ridiculous, none of our strikers could hit a cow's arse with a banjo, and a change doesn't seem to be coming. Bit of a fight on the big bank because of our Stewards trying to throw someone out for singing a song about Bradley Wright-Phillips' ma and it all ended in a bit oof a brawl because they weren't throwing the people who started it out, but rather some who joined in, the police are now involved. We were just about equal to them in the match, and should have had a point if it weren't for a monumental cockup by Poland's 148th choice Goalie, hopefully we'll improve soon, we're not bad as such, just toothless.
Huddersfield held, so Wednesday could leap above them if they beat MK Dons on Tuesday, will be going to that game with my other half. Couple shocks in the FA Cup as well, Crawley and Brighton. Shame Blackpool scored late against Sheffield Wednesday, Kevin Phillips of all people.
Huddersfield held, so Wednesday could leap above them if they beat MK Dons on Tuesday, will be going to that game with my other half. Couple shocks in the FA Cup as well, Crawley and Brighton. Shame Blackpool scored late against Sheffield Wednesday, Kevin Phillips of all people.

We haven't been on the best run of form recently, so I'm not particularly confident for Tuesday. Would be a great game to get back on track though...
I think it will be much closer this time, compared to the last time Wednesday came to MK.
Nice to see Stevenage make the last 16 of the FA Cup for the first time ever, just got to keep our fingers-crossed for a big tie. I honestly believe we could beat anyone at home, so a home game would be nice.
**** draw. Chelsea away, quarters 3 years on the bounce just wasn't to be :frown:
Narwich away. Not a great draw.
Narwich away. Not a great draw.

Very winnable.

Latest