The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DarkAndTwisty
Aww, you'll get amazing results, I bet. Anyway, we always have our backup plan, right, RE? :wink:

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed lol :wink:

Ah yes PP, the backup plan ...we're totally doing it mwhahaaaaaa :P

I don't really see how it makes me unlucky or lucky

You don't have to worry about Oxbridge interviews and offers etc.
Original post by Boom533
Fingers, toes and eyes crossed lol :wink:

Ah yes PP, the backup plan ...we're totally doing it mwhahaaaaaa :P

It would be so awesome. You, me and Squamous, against the world!

Original post by Natalie21
You don't have to worry about Oxbridge interviews and offers etc.

Well no one's forcing you to apply :wink: Plus, I still have others interviews and offers to worry about (if I even get any)

Well no one's forcing you to apply :wink: Plus, I still have others interviews and offers to worry about (if I even get any)

Well obviously - but Oxbridge ones are generally considered to be the most harsh.
Reply 244
C'mon everybody. We've only just finished our first AS exams. We have a bit of a way to go before we stress about interviews. Let's be frank, we're probably going to have changed our minds a hundred times by then.
Let's not stress about oxbridge or not oxbridge when we have a levls to stress over. :redface:
Let's just all aim to do our absolute best, no matter where we may end up applying. :smile: (Ouf! That sounded corny!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Well obviously - but Oxbridge ones are generally considered to be the most harsh.

Yeah, but like I said, it doesn't make me 'lucky', as no one is forcing you to apply.
Yeah, but like I said, it doesn't make me 'lucky', as no one is forcing you to apply.

I never said that I was unlucky or that anyone was forcing me to apply.
Reply 247
and moving on from the oxbridge argument... Anybody booked for open days or the like? :smile:
Reply 248
:five:

I don't mind oxbridge, but not for me, i live right next to Imperial and can take a bus outside my house to both imperial and UCL. I find these two particularly interesting but don't know, maybe it because they are in London. I am defo applying to Barts, but newcastle, durham, southhampton, i can't decide :/.
^Lol I live like 20-30 mins tube ride away from Imperial, Kings, Barts and UCL :P
New icons in my signature~ Need to update my actual icon too.

Pfft, I've been sitting here fiddling with something on the shelf, and it turned out to be the cover of one of my dad's old hardbacks, and I've kinda ripped it in half :ninja:
Original post by NitroAbdi
I don't mind oxbridge, but not for me, i live right next to Imperial and can take a bus outside my house to both imperial and UCL. I find these two particularly interesting but don't know, maybe it because they are in London. I am defo applying to Barts, but newcastle, durham, southhampton, i can't decide :/.

Durham :love:
Reply 252
Original post by Boom533
^Lol I live like 20-30 mins tube ride away from Imperial, Kings, Barts and UCL :P

:colone:, i see. BTW did you got a lecture at ucl on DNA and stuff? My bio teacher told on the same day:tongue:
Reply 253
Original post by Boom533

Original post by Boom533

I almost wish I didn't live so close to Barts and Kings. It would suck for me to have to commute from home :/
Reply 254
:colone:, i see. BTW did you got a lecture at ucl on DNA and stuff? My bio teacher told on the same day:tongue:

Have you attended the Outreach for Medicine lectures at Kings? :smile:
Reply 255
Durham :love:

:biggrin:

Yes, but you will have to go to newcastle after pre clinical? Hence get a degree fro newcastle? I can't decide.
Yeah I have lists and alarms on my phone too :P

Why only trainee?

Try having to do that course for the second time when yours isn't even overdue :/ :/

Do you want me to answer that honestly :wink:

Of course, although that 'skills' was supposed to be 'skillz'- that carelessness will be the downfall of me. It's might even get me accepted somewhere :lolwut: now we wouldn't want that!
Original post by AtomicMan
Oh dear, I think I put 2011 for my AS's by accident :s-smilie:

Don't worry, I'm sure it's not an uncommon mistake :hugs: they will take each application individually and your teacher may be able to correct it. If they are very concerned en they may query the application with you or your teachers. :smile:
Reply 257
Original post by Jemine1
Have you attended the Outreach for Medicine lectures at Kings? :smile:

No, sorry, i been to and taster day though.
Original post by Jemine1
I almost wish I didn't live so close to Barts and Kings. It would suck for me to have to commute from home :/

I live about 20 minute walk from Peninsula :love: I walk past it on the way ti college and slow down my pace as I pass it.

Just picture Charlie Bucket passing Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. :love:
:biggrin:

Yes, but you will have to go to newcastle after pre clinical? Hence get a degree fro newcastle? I can't decide.

Hmm true - unless you did an intercalated degree at Durham - then you'd get one from each.

Original post by AspiringGenius
Of course, although that 'skills' was supposed to be 'skillz'- that carelessness will be the downfall of me. It's might even get me accepted somewhere :lolwut: now we wouldn't want that!

Hahaha :wink:

Original post by AspiringGenius
I live about 20 minute walk from Peninsula :love: I walk past it on the way ti college and slow down my pace as I pass it.

Just picture Charlie Bucket passing Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. :love:

Ooh what is it like?

Latest

Trending

Trending