The Student Room Group

Child Nursing 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
hey all :smile:

was wandering if anyone else has interviews for southampton on the 23rd feb, oxford brookes on the 28th or city on the 29th?
or if anyone has already had interviews for these unis how did they go!? anything particularly challenging about any of them? so nervous!
Reply 201
Original post by Sasharutt
Hello :smile: how was the interview? Did you have a test as ive got mine for Bournemouth tomorrow and only got asked on Thursday last week! Is there any advice you could give me with what they ask etc I would be so grateful!

And fingers crossed for you I will ask when you should find out! :smile:

It was fine, had to watch a short clip and then a short interview, one of the questions was about the clip and the rest were just your standard questions. Why child nursing?, why you believe you would be a good nurse? Good luck:smile:
Reply 202
Original post by Alannaa

was wandering if anyone else has interviews for southampton on the 23rd feb, oxford brookes on the 28th or city on the 29th?
or if anyone has already had interviews for these unis how did they go!? anything particularly challenging about any of them? so nervous!

Hey, I'm going to Brookes on the 21st, will let you know how it goes. Really excited, my last interview of 5 and I REALLY REALLY want brookes.
Reply 203
Original post by Alannaa

Maybe the maths was a little trickier at Southampton but certainly do-able.
Reply 204
Original post by rachbiom
Hey, I'm going to Brookes on the 21st, will let you know how it goes. Really excited, my last interview of 5 and I REALLY REALLY want brookes.

Thanks, would be a massive help! and wow thats great getting interviews for all 5, good luck for brookes!
Reply 205
I have my interview in Northampton Uni next month for Adult Nursing. have any one had the interview already can help me please , I am really scared about the interview.
Reply 206
hiya i have an interview on monday for child nursing.. was just wondering what it would be like.. i have a maths and english test aswell :frown: !!! please help!
Hi, I had an unconditional offer for the UEA yesterday :smile: anyone else had any offers yet?

Would be great to know people before I start x
Reply 208
Original post by Alannaa

hey

i had my southampton interview on 23rd of jan- we had our documents checked first then split into groups - i was in a group of 5 girls altogther- with one admissions tutor and a nurse student who were noting things down.
they choose a question adn u need to discuss it aas a group
that was fine- ours was whats the three main qualities of a nurse- but it will definitly change each time
then we went for our maths and english test it was 40 minutes long
then a question and answer session

i got rejected because of my maths and english test- sent me a feedback sheet

but it was fun, make sure u speak to other peopel so that u feel relaxed
and ask as many questions as possible in q and a session

maths was soooo hard

but i have a city and brighton interview coming up
i have my city interview on 29th as well.

be ur self dw
Reply 209
Original post by rachbiom

hey

have u or anyone had interviews for City london or Brighton
and i havent heard from Kingston at all anyone else on same boat/

x
Reply 210
Original post by farya
hey

x

Sorry, not applied for any of those others
Reply 211
Original post by Emmakatie
I am! Have you tried answering the questions about the video online yet?

:smile:

Hey, how you feeling about tuesday? Nervous?
I'm not feeling too bad, make sure you say hello, I'm the blonde 26 yr old, will be nice to talk to someone friendly :smile::smile:
Reply 212
Original post by Alannaa

I have an interview for Southampton on the 23rd also! I've applied for adult and child dual and would make southampton my firm choice if they made me an offer, what about you? so nervous have you read the policies? xxx
Reply 213
Original post by farya
hey

x

Hi I have also heard nothing from Kingston am just waiting on them and Herts to get back to me got interviews for my other 3
Reply 214
Original post by Hells205
Hi I have also heard nothing from Kingston am just waiting on them and Herts to get back to me got interviews for my other 3

oh thats ok then i guess
i thought i was the only one
x
i will let u know if i get an interview
x
Reply 215
I have recieved an interview at hull university for 16th March, which is my first choice :smile: . But didn't get in at Southampton, I applied for the dual course in adult and child nursing and I'm waiting for the letter to let me know why, I'm assuming it's because I didn't have experience on a children's ward.
Reply 216
Original post by farya
hey

i had my southampton interview on 23rd of jan- we had our documents checked first then split into groups - i was in a group of 5 girls altogther- with one admissions tutor and a nurse student who were noting things down.
they choose a question adn u need to discuss it aas a group
that was fine- ours was whats the three main qualities of a nurse- but it will definitly change each time
then we went for our maths and english test it was 40 minutes long
then a question and answer session

i got rejected because of my maths and english test- sent me a feedback sheet

but it was fun, make sure u speak to other peopel so that u feel relaxed
and ask as many questions as possible in q and a session

maths was soooo hard

but i have a city and brighton interview coming up
i have my city interview on 29th as well.

be ur self dw

sorry to hear you got rejected! But thanks for the info/advice :smile: yeah i've heard the maths is more difficult there, were the questions short or long solving problem type qs? and did they ask much about the policy paper? sorry for all the qs!

I shall see you on the 29th then! Do you think the bit where it says on the letter 'the afternoon session for an assessment of your insight and understanding of nursing' means a 1-2-1 interview?
Reply 217
Original post by Bethmunch
I have an interview for Southampton on the 23rd also! I've applied for adult and child dual and would make southampton my firm choice if they made me an offer, what about you? so nervous have you read the policies? xxx

I shall see you there then! Guessing your name is Beth? And i feel sorry for you having to read both the policies for adult and child, ones enough for me! haha, I have read it but not much is going in, but i've heard that making sure you know details about Sure Start may help.

I would definately put it as my firm if i got an offer, reallyyyyy want to go to Southampton! xxx
Reply 218
Original post by Alannaa
sorry to hear you got rejected! But thanks for the info/advice :smile: yeah i've heard the maths is more difficult there, were the questions short or long solving problem type qs? and did they ask much about the policy paper? sorry for all the qs!

I shall see you on the 29th then! Do you think the bit where it says on the letter 'the afternoon session for an assessment of your insight and understanding of nursing' means a 1-2-1 interview?

hey

no thats fine
im hear to help!
teh questions where long ]they had like two short questions
the rest was quite complicated and long ]they wanted to test ur divisoon and multiplication and subtraction skills all in i question- which confused me

im trying to find out about that
i emailed them as well but no reply
probably- someone in this forum said there is a presentation
but dont know if its one to one or group discussion
how would u prepare for the insight and understanding of nurisng?

x
Reply 219
Original post by uuknown
Does anyone have a conditional offer from coventry (childnursing)??

im still waiting too :frown: i hope we find out soon!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending