The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Waiting to hear back from Cardiff, the wait is painful.

Zoology with preliminary and industry year anyone?

I really hope i get an offer >.<
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Fleximetrics
Just firmed cardiff for physics with medical physics!! so excited

How long after the open day did they offer you? i have applied and going to an open day tomorrow? Do you think this is anything i should know about?
Original post by lottie9394
How long after the open day did they offer you? i have applied and going to an open day tomorrow? Do you think this is anything i should know about?

It was about a week later when a recieved the offer, If youve been invited then you are guaranteed and offer in most circumstances! Nothing to worry about at all
Thank you for that information . i did recieve an offer but looks like i'm not going to be able to achieve it after todays turn out :frown:
Reply 1044
Original post by welshfrankie
I've got an offer of AA Welsh Bacc for English Literature :smile: I'll definitely be firming.

I had the same offer for English Literature and have recently firmed it :wink:

Now just have to keep my head in the June exams.... :s-smilie:
Original post by H011y94
I had the same offer for English Literature and have recently firmed it :wink:

Now just have to keep my head in the June exams.... :s-smilie:

I firmed it too a few days ago. See you there (hopefully! :biggrin: )

Did you go to the open day?
Reply 1046
I firmed it too a few days ago. See you there (hopefully! :biggrin: )

Did you go to the open day?

I didn't go to the open day - I went last year :smile:
Which accommodation are you hoping to be in?
Original post by H011y94
I didn't go to the open day - I went last year :smile:
Which accommodation are you hoping to be in?

Ah fair enough!
I'll hopefully either be in Talybont South or Talybont Court. I'd rather go in Court because it seems nicer but its a lot more expensive so I'll probably end up putting South as my first choice! What about you?
Reply 1048
Ah fair enough!
I'll hopefully either be in Talybont South or Talybont Court. I'd rather go in Court because it seems nicer but its a lot more expensive so I'll probably end up putting South as my first choice! What about you?

Hey, do you know when do we get the forms and stuff for picking accommodation?:smile:
Reply 1049
Ah fair enough!

I can't afford Court, but I really want to live in South - that'll be my first choice :biggrin: North will probably be second, it seems like the majority of the student community is in Taly :smile:

It's gonna be hard to rank 16 choices though... I only want to be in Taly! :angry:
Reply 1050
Original post by AmberCD
Hey, do you know when do we get the forms and stuff for picking accommodation?:smile:

The form is on the student portal - the admissions service should have sent you two emails after you applied giving you your login details.

From what I've heard, applications for 2012/13 won't start until the end of march, to early april. But you could probably get started trying to decide on your list of 16, in order of preference! :eek:
Original post by H011y94
I can't afford Court, but I really want to live in South - that'll be my first choice :biggrin: North will probably be second, it seems like the majority of the student community is in Taly :smile:

It's gonna be hard to rank 16 choices though... I only want to be in Taly! :angry:

I've been told by a few people to avoid Taly North as it's not exactly in good condition apparently :P

Original post by H011y94
The form is on the student portal - the admissions service should have sent you two emails after you applied giving you your login details.

From what I've heard, applications for 2012/13 won't start until the end of march, to early april. But you could probably get started trying to decide on your list of 16, in order of preference! :eek:

I haven't had any emails from Cardiff and I firmed 5 days ago :frown:
Reply 1052
Original post by H011y94

I forgot about the portal! Hopefully they will send us a reminder email or something* :smile:

*about accommodation application dates
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1053
Yup, applied for Computer Science. Got an offer for ABB
Reply 1054
I've been told by a few people to avoid Taly North as it's not exactly in good condition apparently :P

I haven't had any emails from Cardiff and I firmed 5 days ago :frown:

I recieved the emails after first sending off my UCAS application, before any offers were made or I firmed the uni. Have you backtracked through your email inbox? The emails were sent to me in October, a week or two after my referee sent my application in to UCAS :smile:
Reply 1055
I've been told by a few people to avoid Taly North as it's not exactly in good condition apparently

I've heard this too, but socially it's a great place to be, and I've heard that a lot of the other large halls, eg. Senghennydd Court & Uni Hall can be worse :/ I've also just found a video on youtube called something along the lines of 'Talybont North Reduced', which tours one of the smaller rooms and blocks, and it looks perfectly fine, particularly compared to a blog I came across the
other day which included pictures of Senghennydd Court, which seemed really tiny, grimy and outdated.
Reply 1056
really nervous :frown: had my interview for mental health nursing on the 15th of feb and wont hear anything for another 3 weeks ish.. i really want to get in, its my first choice :frown: anyone else in a similar situation?x
Reply 1057
I have just firmed Cardiff for Computer Science! Hopefully see some of you in September!:biggrin:
Original post by H011y94
I recieved the emails after first sending off my UCAS application, before any offers were made or I firmed the uni. Have you backtracked through your email inbox? The emails were sent to me in October, a week or two after my referee sent my application in to UCAS :smile:

I just went through all my e-mails since before my application was sent off - I received a "We have received your application" email and an advert for Thrive but nothing else.

Original post by H011y94
I've heard this too, but socially it's a great place to be, and I've heard that a lot of the other large halls, eg. Senghennydd Court & Uni Hall can be worse :/ I've also just found a video on youtube called something along the lines of 'Talybont North Reduced', which tours one of the smaller rooms and blocks, and it looks perfectly fine, particularly compared to a blog I came across the
other day which included pictures of Senghennydd Court, which seemed really tiny, grimy and outdated.

It depends when the video is from - I spoke to someone that stayed there a few years ago and they said it was okay.
Reply 1059
I've just made Cardiff my firm choice for maths:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending