The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

All nighters for no particular reason.
Reply 1321
when you wake up after a night out just in time to see the sky getting dark and your proud accomplishment for the day is buying a loaf of half price bread from Lidl, ten minutes before it closes.
(edited 12 years ago)
when you're wondering around your student union at 11 in the morning trying to work out if you're still drunk from last night.
You work in order to avoid cleaning your room
Original post by Xamanus
You work in order to avoid cleaning your room

You clean your room in order to avoid working.
Reply 1325
You avoid checking your bank balance because you're scared of the ugly truth..
Original post by No Man
When chucking dominoes & cards at one another in the kitchen while sober seems like a fun and brilliant idea.

We had a sugar cube fight once, it was epic.
Original post by Torrchy

Exactly how i lost half my rent money.
If i don't look at it, the overdraft doesn't exist.

Right now im avoiding checking my bank balance after i went out thursday, and have no memory of it, but woke up with change in my bag and friends thanking me for buying them drinks. :frown:
Original post by natalieann1993
When you wash up the entire kitchen while your flat mates are out because you have 'nothing to do' and after the place is spotless. Compared to the mountains of plates and dried in food that have been left out before.

Then next day, one of your flat mates has a 'flat talk' about how they wash up and no one else does anything.

I stopped cleaning up after people on this day.
:mad:

This happened to me. Said housemate was politely told to STFU :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1329
You become happy to accept free stuff without embarrassment...

Normal group of employed friends. One offers to buy takeaway for all of them. You'd usually get a lot of 'No, no, it's fine... you can't pay for mine! I'll pay for my own!' and probably do so.

Group of students in the same situation. People invite more friends round to take advantage of this glorious offer and don't hesitate to place special orders.

xxx
You get up at half 9 to crack on with an essay, but don't actually get up until half 2

and its half 6 and you still haven't started said essay.
Original post by kpwxx
You become happy to accept free stuff without embarrassment...

Normal group of employed friends. One offers to buy takeaway for all of them. You'd usually get a lot of 'No, no, it's fine... you can't pay for mine! I'll pay for my own!' and probably do so.

Group of students in the same situation. People invite more friends round to take advantage of this glorious offer and don't hesitate to place special orders.

xxx

I don't know any students who would actually do that. Maybe my friends are just polite people
Original post by Torrchy

That's me currently :sadnod:

For me, it's shamelessly asking every shop that I go into do they have student discounts :teehee:
When you've got £20 and no overdraft to see you through to the next loan drop, including going out for your best mates 21st and your mums birthday on the same weekend as Mother's Day, and you laugh and say "challenge accepted".
when you always forget to take a drink with you, but that one day when you do remember its decides to leak all over your textbooks/notes/worksheets :sad:
Reply 1335
Original post by tillytots
You get up at half 9 to crack on with an essay, but don't actually get up until half 2

and its half 6 and you still haven't started said essay.

This is my life.
When your on TSR instead of doing work ...
Reply 1337
You eventually become so lazy you cant even make it to the nearest supermarket and just eat cereal for breakfast, snacks, lunch and then for dinner you go all out on luxury cuisine and order 2 minute noodles, which you purchased in bulk two weeks ago! :lazy:
Original post by MasterPotatoHead
You know you're a student when you use a fork to comb your hair :frown:

LOL, that's the funniest thing I've read on TSR!
When you have a deadline tomorrow, and so live off the big pack of oreos you bought from poundland all day, while not actually writing anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending