The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Original post by welshfrankie
I just went through all my e-mails since before my application was sent off - I received a "We have received your application" email and an advert for Thrive but nothing else.

It depends when the video is from - I spoke to someone that stayed there a few years ago and they said it was okay.

That's strange :frown:

I checked and the video was posted in Feb 2011 :biggrin:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 1061
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkQHL_KH4kY&list=FLApzjHK5G9UVbPs3nnmmLWA&index=5&feature=plpp_video

^ the aforementioned video of a Talybont North Reduced room/flat

and for anyone considering University Hall as accommodation this may also come in handy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UztRSJNCqCw&list=FLApzjHK5G9UVbPs3nnmmLWA&index=4&feature=plpp_video
Original post by H011y94
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkQHL_KH4kY&list=FLApzjHK5G9UVbPs3nnmmLWA&index=5&feature=plpp_video

^ the aforementioned video of a Talybont North Reduced room/flat

and for anyone considering University Hall as accommodation this may also come in handy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UztRSJNCqCw&list=FLApzjHK5G9UVbPs3nnmmLWA&index=4&feature=plpp_video

Ah - I'm sure they'll get back soon! A friend of mine rang the accommodation services today and she was told that they're expecting applications to open at the end of the week!

The video of the Taly North Reduced room looks okay. It's about the same size room as my brother had in Newport uni - if that's reduced then the ordinary rooms should be a pleasant surprise! Haha.
Reply 1063
A friend of mine rang the accommodation services today and she was told that they're expecting applications to open at the end of the week!

I hope so! I want to get my choices down!

For anybody who hasn't seen the residences in person this video is quite useful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqMNlZrQxWU
Original post by Karm
I hope so! I want to get my choices down!

For anybody who hasn't seen the residences in person this video is quite useful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqMNlZrQxWU

They showed this video to us on the English open day. It's very useful to get a feel of the accommodations :smile:
Reply 1065
They showed this video to us on the English open day. It's very useful to get a feel of the accommodations :smile:

Which choices have you decided on?
Original post by Karm
Which choices have you decided on?

I'm hoping to go to one of the Talybonts. Preferably Court or South. And yourself?
Reply 1067
Firmed Cardiff for Law, hope the accomodation application opens soon :smile:
Had an email yesterday from Cardiff inviting me to an open day and an interview for computer science with forensics and security :biggrin: any tips anyone?
Reply 1069
Original post by jon the red
Had an email yesterday from Cardiff inviting me to an open day and an interview for computer science with forensics and security :biggrin: any tips anyone?

Congratulations! I had an open day/interview for Computer Science early December. I wouldn't worry, the interview is just an informal chat. It will be a tour of the campus/su and information about the course.

Enjoy it!
Reply 1070
I'm hoping to go to one of the Talybonts. Preferably Court or South. And yourself?

In choice of preference:

1. Taly South
2. Taly Court
3. Senghennydd Court (I will be studying at the Engineering Campus)
4. Taly North

and just random choices for the other 12 I think lol.

I'm not to sure whether to swap north for court though as court is quite a price hike.
Original post by Karm
Congratulations! I had an open day/interview for Computer Science early December. I wouldn't worry, the interview is just an informal chat. It will be a tour of the campus/su and information about the course.

Enjoy it!

thats a relief then haha what's the chances of actually being accepted on the course now then if they've asked me for an interview? and would it be worth taking my grades down there?
Reply 1072
Original post by jon the red
thats a relief then haha what's the chances of actually being accepted on the course now then if they've asked me for an interview? and would it be worth taking my grades down there?

I'd say quite high. I don't think you're required to take your grades, they will have them from your UCAS application (Assuming you applied through UCAS)
Would anyone suggest against senghennydd hall? As i am doing physics is in a really convieniant place but how is it socially?
I'm so confused about all the accommodation stuff xD I just want a self catered, ensuite close to the main campus :s-smilie:
Original post by thelooby94
I'm so confused about all the accommodation stuff xD I just want a self catered, ensuite close to the main campus :s-smilie:

I know what you mean!! Ive heard so many accommodation horror stories! i wish they would hurry up and just open the application process :biggrin: good luck!!
Original post by Fleximetrics
I know what you mean!! Ive heard so many accommodation horror stories! i wish they would hurry up and just open the application process :biggrin: good luck!!

The only thing I've heard is that cardiff is one of the worst for accommodation... I seriously hope this isn't true! XD

Apparently in some places the shower is just a whole in the ground next to the toilet and you have to close the toilet seat when you have a shower..l for obvious reasons :eek:

Please don't be like this In Cardiff!
Hey guys, I've applied for Pharmacy at Cardiff, have a place but yet to pick it for first or insurance.
What accommodation is best? Or what does everyone seem to be putting down?
Also, I may defer on results day depending on me debating on whether to go this year or not as I was told that could be done by a lecturer.

(Just the thought of going through this next process of accommodation puts me right off sometimes!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1078
Original post by thelooby94
The only thing I've heard is that cardiff is one of the worst for accommodation... I seriously hope this isn't true! XD

Apparently in some places the shower is just a whole in the ground next to the toilet and you have to close the toilet seat when you have a shower..l for obvious reasons :eek:

Please don't be like this In Cardiff!

I think Cardiff is actually one of the best for accommodation, it's so much better than many other places I've seen on open days etc. Also I might try and make a video of my Taly Court room this week if any of you are interested!
Reply 1079
Original post by -aimz
I think Cardiff is actually one of the best for accommodation, it's so much better than many other places I've seen on open days etc. Also I might try and make a video of my Taly Court room this week if any of you are interested!

If you could that would be great! There's no 360 view on the Cardiff website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending