The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9500
Original post by crazylemon
Hmmm

Apparently the medical school have a separate LGBT group from the rest of the uni. Having not hear about them until today in the newsletter today advertising an event for tonight (well done guys on the plan there).
They also seem to want to make it clear they are not IQ (our uni LGBT). How odd :beard:

They also are not listed in clubs and societies. Clearly a very secretive group. :beard:

Gonna gatecrash?
Original post by Lacus
Gonna gatecrash?

The event is in heaven. No. :tongue:

Plus I am on call tomorrow.
Original post by neillya1

:awesome:

On the subject of angry pizza shops:

Reply 9503
Original post by Tortious
On the subject of angry pizza shops:

That just seems like a really irritating thing to do; surely at some point the guy must realise they're not going to do anything entertaining to vaguely justify it? Unless exasperation is funny in itself. :/

Original post by neillya1

:awesome:

Definitely on the pizza shop side of this one too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Wasn't The Simpsons once sponsored by both at the same time? Dominos on Sky (I know it's curry's now) and Pizza Hut on Channel 4 (last time I saw it on C4 it was BT 118.com).

On the other hand tonight I'm chilling listening to the local radio in my room - the music is actually better than radio 1, and I only listen to radio 1 for Reggie and Tom Deacon between 4 and 9 on a Sunday, though I would listen to Moyles, Mills and James if they are on. I don't really know their other presenters that well, not even Fern Cotton or Edith Bowman's music presenting styles.
Reply 9505
Oh, I've realised I have to do so much this vacation. So much more than I originally thought. Will be reading about 20 dense books I reckon, plus doing laborious translations of OE, amongst other work. Little time to do all that I want to do :frown: Sad Jack is sad.
So much work to finish by friday, totally don't think i'll do it D: oh well, i might have a girlfriend soon which makes things a bit better ha.
Original post by Maccabees
So much work to finish by friday, totally don't think i'll do it D: oh well, i might have a girlfriend soon which makes things a bit better ha.

Well as your post seems to hint, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel :smile:
Whenever anyone uses this :rolleyes: on the end of a reply to me I instantly take a dislike to them and assume they are being patronizing, sarcastic in a rude rather than funny way, and pretentious. I don't know why.
Original post by Liam_G
Otters that look like Benedict Cumberbatch:

That is all :pierre:

PRSOM

Original post by The Puppet Master
I have to say it's very interesting reading something I can relate to like that! Though I do identify as bisexual, I'm rarely sexually attracted to a man, until I know them completely, which is awkward. It was VERY confusing, am I asexual - no I'm sexually attracted to females, am I gay - no, I am attracted to some males... But I'm 90% more confident with guys, always have been. I sometimes wish it was the other way round, would be a lot easier.

Very confusing to explain to people, they often assume you're either this or that. I wish it was that simple...

Straights have it so easy :sigh:

Original post by Maccabees

That does tend to make things better :h: I've had a couple of confused and/or drunken hookups recently, which probably doesn't quite count :erm:

Original post by JessyPhil
Whenever anyone uses this :rolleyes: on the end of a reply to me I instantly take a dislike to them and assume they are being patronizing, sarcastic in a rude rather than funny way, and pretentious. I don't know why.

It's really irritating when someone doesn't get what it means and uses it for some other context, because I can't help but detest them for it.
Reply 9510
Engelbert Humperdinck's entry for Eurovision:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-03-19/engelbert-humperdinck's-eurovision-2012-song-revealed

Have to say, it's quite catchy and... nice. In a really clichéd, soppy ballad of platitudes kind of way.
The more I listen to it, the more I like it. He's got a lovely voice, even if he does look like an ageing leonine rhinoceros.
I hope it stands out like a sore thumb among the other entries :cute:
Original post by thurin
And yet gay is becoming/has become a derogatory term - should we shy away from that too?

For simplicity sake I often "identify with" gay but I prefer queer. Gay ties you down to the homo- and the -sexual. Queer just demonstrates that you do not conform to sexual normativity. Otherwise, homodemisemiquaversexual suits me just fine. :rolleyes:

I guess the difference, at least to me, is that the word "gay" wasn't a slur initially, and it's idiots and homophobes that have come along and tried to redefine it as such. That doesn't really bother me, although I do actively discourage friends and family from using the term in that manner. I also don't think that the word "gay" packs much of a punch as a personal insult based on ones sexuality. If someone came up to me and called me gay, I'd probably say something like "correct..." and move on. If someone came up to me and called me queer, however, well I'd probably punch them :h: In this respect, I think there's a bit of a double meaning going on with the word "gay" in the linguistic world at the minute, and whilst it's being used as a derogatory term, I don't feel as though "gay" is particularly offensive, as derogatory terms go. However, the line between the significations of the word "queer" are a lot more blurred to me, and I can't help but cringe when I hear someone talking about how "queer" they are.

I just don't think it's necessary to have to redefine something that still causes so much offence to a large part of the "LGBT+" community.
Reply 9512
My two favourites:
Iceland's (Gréta Salóme & Jónsi).

Slovakia's (Max Jason Mai)

The Turkish singer is gay - wooh?
Reply 9513
'Morning', gays. There's not much time before the evening, probably no sense in even trying to work, right?
Original post by dbmag9
'Morning', gays. There's not much time before the evening, probably no sense in even trying to work, right?

You must be the best procrastinator I know of xD (yes, I've been stalking your Twitter procrastination too)

Guys, anyone know if I'd be able to pay an RBS banknote into my account at Santander?
Reply 9515
Original post by dbmag9

How you steal my thoughts? :unimpressed:

Someone bring me these foods? :puppyeyes:
Original post by Liam_G

I only just finished my lunch and now I'm hungry again :frown:
Reply 9517
Why does the postman always come when I'm only wearing a towel?! Why? :nooo:

Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
I only just finished my lunch and now I'm hungry again :frown:

Sorry :bigsmile: I haven't eaten lunch yet, so it's making me very hungry.
Heeeello, people! :hi: - Hmm, I haven't posted in here in some time :erm:

Original post by dbmag9

Well, you didn't do any during the first half of the day. Doing some now would make it... asymmetrical.
Original post by Liam_G

Mmmm :sogood: If someone brings you some, would you share? :smile:

Why is packing so... efforty?
Reply 9519
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
You must be the best procrastinator I know of xD (yes, I've been stalking your Twitter procrastination too)

Guys, anyone know if I'd be able to pay an RBS banknote into my account at Santander?

I'll try to take that as a compliment. :p:

I assume you should be able to: Santander take Bank of England banknotes without problem, after all.

Original post by Liam_G

I fed you a thought-collecting microchip hidden in that ice I gave you. You think about giraffes a surprising amount.

Original post by Undulipodia
Well, you didn't do any during the first half of the day. Doing some now would make it... asymmetrical.

Oh god there goes all potential for me to work ever. Rep'd.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest