The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andydemba
I think it's insulting that Sarkozy and Le Pen can condemn these attacks whilst spewing hate and promoting inter-race conflict purely to win votes. If they're going to legitimise repulsive far-right view points, of course these atrocities are going to happen.

So the interesting question now, given that it seems this wasn't the act of a far-right neo-Nazi but an Israel-and-West-hating Islamist, is whether you will repeat your same sentiments but aimed at different culprits. And whether those who repped your original comment will also change their targets.

By your earlier logic, you must now find it insulting that pro-Palestinian and anti-West campaign groups condemn these attacks whilst spewing hate and promoting anti-West conflict. Or does this only work one way?
Reply 61
What do you know, I was right! The gunman IS a Muslim!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/french-police-hurt-shoot-suspects-040058818.html

"A suspected al Qaeda-linked gunman is locked in an armed stand-off with French police who believe he is responsible for murdering seven people in a killing spree that left three young children dead.

The man, who has been named in reports as Mohammed Merah, 24, a French national of Algerian origin, is heavily armed and refusing to surrender."

Surprise, surprise. I hope the Press are going to offer a full appology to the "Neo-Nazis" they blamed the attack on without a shred of evidence and I hope the posters who negative repped me when I said it will be Muslims and the posters such as Abdiz are going to man enough to apologise to me.

Likewise, I hope the liberal posters here whining and insulting the soldiers who were fired, insisting that this is proof that it isn't just Muslims who are terrorists etc are going to man enough to stand up and say "I am sorry. I was wrong."

I love been right! It happens all the time. I was right and you all were wrong! But I am man enough to accept your apology :smile:

Guess this is more validation towards my claims that Islam isn't compatable with the western world.
Original post by UniOfLife
So the interesting question now, given that it seems this wasn't the act of a far-right neo-Nazi but an Israel-and-West-hating Islamist, is whether you will repeat your same sentiments but aimed at different culprits. And whether those who repped your original comment will also change their targets.

By your earlier logic, you must now find it insulting that pro-Palestinian and anti-West campaign groups condemn these attacks whilst spewing hate and promoting anti-West conflict. Or does this only work one way?

Surely he doesn't have to change his post at all? An Algerian killing Muslim paratroopers and Jewish people at a school could quite easily align with the notion that French politicians have failed to promote an inclusive society and instead they've legitimised far-right viewpoints which have a damaging effect on both minorities and the majority.
Original post by tehFrance
I am sorry but France is multi-cultural however the way it has been gone about has failed as the foreigners just stay within their own groups, eating and speaking their own language and food and not doing anything positive to French culture... that is unacceptable so our multi-cultural policy as it is has failed. We should follow Australia's lead.

It's not just the foreigners fault though is it. People say how the first generation of immigrants integrated, and the third don't. When the first generation came here, they mainly came to the Northern towns to work in the mills. Once the mills closed down, racism became a bigger issue than it was before

As a result, many started to go back to their home town and "stick within their own groups"

You'll find in richer areas, multiculturalism works a lot better, because there are a lot less prejudices from either side. ie: The middle of Leeds works a lot better than the middle of Bradford
Original post by abdiz12
This is absolute garbage, there was hard evidence that it was neo-nazis that had used the same gun, to kill north African and Caribbean soldiers in a town nearby. Looks like they'll find any reason to blame a Muslim.

No there was not, there was not evidence of that whatsoever... why must foreigners act as if they have a clue what is going on within France just because they read the crap that is the Guardian or watch the BBC?

It is a French Arab/Muslim that has done this, I hope he gets harshest punishment he can under French law.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by Brutal Honesty
France is screwed now. The FN were already popular and this incident will swing votes towards them instead of Sarkozy. This incident could be a historic moment in France if it leads to FN winning which could easily happen if UMP get knocked out.
No

if Sarkozy is knocked out and the final round is between Hollande and Le Pen, Hollande will win hands down.
Reply 66
Was there are need to say "Two of them were Muslims"?

What difference would it make if they weren't Muslims?
Can he play the insane card? It's what the West do...

Just wondering.
:rolleyes:
Reply 68
:sigh:
Reply 69
Surely he doesn't have to change his post at all? An Algerian killing Muslim paratroopers and Jewish people at a school could quite easily align with the notion that French politicians have failed to promote an inclusive society and instead they've legitimised far-right viewpoints which have a damaging effect on both minorities and the majority.
From an Islamist viewpoint, the Muslim paratroopers are "munafiqs" (hypocrytes)

They are even much worse than plain "kuffar" (unbelievers), because they side with the "enemy"

In the case of this crime (if no major surprise comes up) we are simply facing the result of all the hate speech by the jihadists and consorts on a deranged mind

for a moment, those people will feel embarrassed, then the usual circus will begin : he was no "true Muslim" and in any case he was "egged on" by the secret services, in fact, the attack was a "false flag" organized by the Mossad itself (so that Israel can attack Iran) or by the Illuminati and so on and so on

in any case, why are we making such a big thing out of it, while in Afghanistan, in Bosnia, in the Philippines etc etc

been there, seen that
Reply 70
Original post by Abed1993
Was there are need to say "Two of them were Muslims"?

What difference would it make if they weren't Muslims?

How come you didn't say that when the papers were praying it was a "nasty racist white man" who carried out the shooting?

Fact is, it was yet another racist, intollerant Muslim targetting Jews and Muslim soldiers he considered to be a "traitor" and is more proof of the severity of Militant Islam in Europe.

It's obvious that Islam isn't compatable with the Western World. It's a backwards religion that belongs in the past yet lib-tards such as yourself will constantly defend it despite all the evidence pointing to the evils of Islam.
Reply 71
i was in Toulouse in August and walked through the Arab Quarter several times. i even tried to get a haircut at an Arab barbers but he refused me, pretending that he could not understand my excellent French
Reply 72
Original post by Zeffy
I hope the Press are going to offer a full appology to the "Neo-Nazis" they blamed the attack on without a shred of evidence.
to be quite frank, I had felt a sense of relief at the initial reports about neo-nazis being reponsible

why ? well, because I don't think that the neo-nazis constitute a real danger, and so didn't feel like there was a real danger of a tit-for-tat escalation

on the other hand, responsibilities by a Muslim means that inter-community relations will become even more strained, and this danger exists

there is of course the hope that this will constitute a wake-up call for the Muslim community, not to tolerate jihadist hate speech so easily anymore

but I don't have really high hopes
The suspect is an Algerian that steals scooters, lives on welfare, and sympathizes with al-Qaeda.

Can't wait to see what Le Pen does with France. :beard:
Reply 74
Original post by Zeffy
How come you didn't say that when the papers were praying it was a "nasty racist white man" who carried out the shooting?

Fact is, it was yet another racist, intollerant Muslim targetting Jews and Muslim soldiers he considered to be a "traitor" and is more proof of the severity of Militant Islam in Europe.

It's obvious that Islam isn't compatable with the Western World. It's a backwards religion that belongs in the past yet lib-tards such as yourself will constantly defend it despite all the evidence pointing to the evils of Islam.

I can see a parallel.
Robert Spencer’s three dozen posts on the Fort Hood massacre fall into one of three rants:

1) Incriminate the faith of 1.5 billion Muslims who had nothing to do with Hassan’s actions, and 7 million American Muslims who condemned his act (moved ironically by their faith to do so). Question the loyalty of Muslims in the military, ignoring that there are 3500 active Muslim service men and women in excellent standing.

2) Cherry pick any instance of support for the massacre regardless of how off the beaten path they are while turning a blind eye to the zillions of instances of more credible and representative Muslim voices condemning it.

3) Whine when others take a pass on your loon rants. Throw a temper tantrum at the mainstream media, the US military, the public and everyone else; respond by ridiculing them as dhimmis and wimps. (Take solace in the fact that at least Lou Dobbs and slimey Senator Joe Lieberman may come through for you).

http://www.loonwatch.com/?s=Fort+Hood.&x=9&y=13
Original post by mariachi
to be quite frank, I had felt a sense of relief at the initial reports about neo-nazis being reponsible

why ? well, because I don't think that the neo-nazis constitute a real danger, and so didn't feel like there was a real danger of a tit-for-tat escalation

Yeh, I agree. I think a lot of ppl thought it was Neo Nazi's simply because they were just shooting and did not indicate any sort of level of organisation that has been associated with Al Qaeda and their previous attacks.
Original post by the bear
i was in Toulouse in August and walked through the Arab Quarter several times. i even tried to get a haircut at an Arab barbers but he refused me, pretending that he could not understand my excellent French

So an Algerian shoots dead some people and you feel your anecdote about an Arab barber is somehow significant here? 'Oh yeah not only are they serial killers but they're also rude barbers' wtf? I've been to France and the people are quite rude generally, this isn't so much the case in the smaller towns.
Original post by the bear

Arabs don't cut French people's hair, normal French people don't go near them for many reasons. Also excellent French? don't make me laugh.
I've been to France and the people are quite rude generally.

Let me guess, you went to Paris' La Defense District and they were rude to you there and thus everyone is now rude? :colonhash:
Reply 78
Just wanted to take my time to stroll in here and pull out this smiley :mmm:

So it was FN's dislike of the state of immigration that caused these attacks? It was their moderate agenda that spurred on Neo-Nazis to harm poor children and Jews, and by extension hate immigrants and minorities?

I just wonder how many people will come back to this thread and retract their earlier statements about this being the fault of those who criticise immigration?
Original post by tehFrance
Arabs don't cut French people's hair, normal French people don't go near them for many reasons. Also excellent French? don't make me laugh.

Let me guess, you went to Paris' La Defense District and they were rude to you there and thus everyone is now rude? :colonhash:

Your selective quoting created a strawman. Compared to most countries I've been to, French people are on the whole the rudest. Can you think of another country in which this is the case? I've clearly stated in the smaller towns people are more polite but this is also true in most countries. Why don't French people go near Arabs?

Latest

Trending

Trending