The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
Original post by Chibelta
You think that's even possible? What's the point in any UCAS application if you think you can just in through clearing?

Bless :tongue:

You can't even get into St. Andrews via clearing because it hasn't entered clearing since 2006 or something.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2101
Original post by daviddd!1994
I'm worried about the same thing. I've heard of a few people that went to St. Andrews who hated it because it was 'snobby' but just as many that loved the whole thing. Stuck between here, Edinburgh, and Glasgow :s.

Well I'm going to the Visiting Day on the 11th April, so that will help me decide because I'll be able to see what the people are like :smile:
Original post by Oxy
You can't even get into St. Andrews via clearing because it hasn't entered clearing since 2006 or something.

Adjustment is different from clearing, it's if you outdo your predictions and offer holders fail to meet the requirements
Out of interest how many people have accepted offers to St Andrews? and is there a feed for those of us that have accepted a place? People have probably asked this already, sorry to be so out of the loop, I've been travelling...
Reply 2104
Original post by MrOMacdonald
Out of interest how many people have accepted offers to St Andrews? and is there a feed for those of us that have accepted a place? People have probably asked this already, sorry to be so out of the loop, I've been travelling...

I think you're looking for this: http://www.facebook.com/groups/162360973830398/
Original post by Sappho
I think you're looking for this: http://www.facebook.com/groups/162360973830398/

Is that for this years applicants? It just seems some of them have gowns...
Reply 2106
Original post by Evan7788
Is that for this years applicants? It just seems some of them have gowns...

It is. There will be current students as well, though, to give advice and answer questions.
Original post by Sappho
It is. There will be current students as well, though, to give advice and answer questions.

Thanks
Rejection some time last week... or month prbly for History. Does anyone know how to get feedback on thier decision?

Oh my they made me wait so long
Reply 2109
Rejection for French with IR. Deferred entry.
Reply 2110
got an offer for AAA for mathematics

got a letter saying 1 in 15 got an offer, didnt know it was that competitive!

rejected for lse sob sob

going to the open day on 18th april woo
Original post by huwler
I thought the official UCAS deadline isn't until May? I've sent the admissions officer an email. Waiting to hear a reply (been a couple of days). Should I send it to the department itself, or just the general admissions email address on the university website?

The UCAS deadlines are incredibly confusing, for both students and admissions officers! But our goal was to make all decisions by the end of March.

An e-mail to the general admissions dept is best as they send the decisions to UCAS. Many people were away last week though so there may be a delay in replying.
Hi everyone,

was wondering if when you filled in the accomadation form you could just write down which specific hall you would prefer to live in? I know the form specifically says do not add anything as it may invalidate the form but are they really that strict?

Also what is the best self-catered standard halls?
Thanks!
Original post by crumbs_23
Hi everyone,

was wondering if when you filled in the accomadation form you could just write down which specific hall you would prefer to live in? I know the form specifically says do not add anything as it may invalidate the form but are they really that strict?

Thanks!

No, unfortunately, you can't mention the hall. Moreover, you will not know about the hall you got before you arrive, if I remember correctly.
Reply 2114
Original post by nedyalkova
No, unfortunately, you can't mention the hall. Moreover, you will not know about the hall you got before you arrive, if I remember correctly.

This isn't true. Applicants get told which hall (and what room) they are in when their offer is made unconditional (or early in the summer for those who already have an unconditional. Otherwise students wouldn't know where to go on the first day and what to bring etc.
Reply 2115
Original post by crumbs_23
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

For my year, I heard of people who added things to their form (ie name of hall) and were allocated to that hall. I've also heard the opposite happening.
As someone who will be applying for accommodation soon, I am extremely confused by the last 5 or so comments.
Original post by rose.3445
Has anyone heard for Psychology?

That's weird I got an offer in February. Have you heard back yet?
Original post by hattie :)
That's weird I got an offer in February. Have you heard back yet?

Yep about two weeks ago!
Original post by emmaarr
Offer for molecular biology! Never been so happy! All the waiting was worth it! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Congrats on the offer!! You firming then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending