The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Curryly Reedin 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' disll keep me goin 4 a wile.
Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw
What were the plot holes? I'd be interested to hear them if you don't mind. Maybe put them under a spoiler for people who haven't read the book et?

I do get what you mean about the ending. It did feel a bit rushed, and it could have been made better by being a bit longer. But it's still a great book. Did you know they're going to make a movie based on it?

I'm not quite sure how specific I can be as it was a good few weeks back that I finished, but I'll try my best!

Spoiler

Obviously the whole idea is that the main character was confused, but these were events she'd written down, said by 'normal' characters, that kept on contradicting themselves.

Didn't really feel as if anyone had proof read the book, to be honest. A number of reviews I've read point out big plot holes too, so I'm sure I'm not imagining it!
Reply 2122
I'm reading Still Missing by Chevy Stevens, half way though the book and it's pretty heartbreaking tbh.
Just finished reading "A week in December" - By Sebastian Faulks
The Executioner by Chris Carter.
Superfreakonomics - Levitt & Dubner.

<3 x
Just finished The Reader by Bernhard Schlink. Will start Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates tomorrow.
Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd - By Various different people.

It's so good! <3
Patrick Rothfus "Wise Man's Fear". Its good.
Divergent by Vernoica Roth :love: if I didn't have priorities, I would spend all day reading this book. So amazing.
Reply 2130
The Woman in White, by Wilkie Collins. Surprised at how much I got into it from the beginning.
Finished Plato's Apology yesterday, and I've just started Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness :h:
Currently reading Catching Fire.

Original post by Pensivedore
Divergent by Vernoica Roth :love: if I didn't have priorities, I would spend all day reading this book. So amazing.

I'm considering reading this. I take it you'd recommend it :biggrin:
Just finished A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I was really disappointed :frown:
Reply 2134
Started reading Sanctus by SImon Toyne as part as the Book Club we've got going at work.
Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels - damn fascinating to look at the original philosophical idea and how it has been altered by people like Lenin and Mao
Reply 2136
Original post by FudgeMonkeys
Just finished A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I was really disappointed :frown:

I was too when I read it. It's such a famous book that it turned out that I'd heard all its jokes already. Would've been endlessly entertaining if I hadn't heard of it before though I'm sure.
Huysmans-A' rebours
-The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
- The Dead of the Night (the Tomorrow series) by John Marsden.

Original post by Daydreamer18
Currently reading Catching Fire.

I'm considering reading this. I take it you'd recommend it :biggrin:

Yes, definitely! I've finished it now and I can't wait for the sequel (May 1st :biggrin:) .
Original post by Pensivedore

I have wanted to read this for absolutely ages...is it really as good as everyone says? Because if it is then absolutely no revision will get done! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending