The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

HELP!!!

My geography coursework deadline is tomorrow and question is: how are new technologies helping in disaster zones

All i wrote for one section is:

Houses

Very common houses in Chile are Stilt houses or pile dwellings. They are buried underneath the ground 10-12ft deep and then filled with sand and water, then the pillar or Stilts are inserted to hole. This supports the houses and avoids flooding’s, water damage, Earthquakes and mild hurricane storms.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]ps the topic is about earthquakes/COLOR]

THaannkss
[QUOTE="Sheel1;37210884"]HELP!!!

My geography coursework deadline is tomorrow and question is: how are new technologies helping in disaster zones

All i wrote for one section is:

Houses

Very common houses in Chile are Stilt houses or pile dwellings. They are buried underneath the ground 10-12ft deep and then filled with sand and water, then the pillar or Stilts are inserted to hole. This supports the houses and avoids flooding’s, water damage, Earthquakes and mild hurricane storms.

ps the topic is about earthquakes/COLOR]

THaannkss

Lol I swear courseworks (controlled assessments) have to be sent off by the 10th May for moderation. You're school are really lazy if they are leaving it to the last minute.
Original post by GreenLantern1
Lol I swear courseworks (controlled assessments) have to be sent off by the 10th May for moderation. You're school are really lazy if they are leaving it to the last minute.

THANK YOU, AT LEAST SOMEONE AGREES WITH MEEE!!! , were doing ALL our controlled assements for english tomorrow ( repeats for some ) as well!

anyway thanks for helping :L
ehe :ahee: 2 a* in science wooo
Original post by R4INBOW

Well done! Ignore the negger, they're just jealous!
Reply 5685
Original post by R4INBOW

Congrats, repped :biggrin:
Reply 5686
So when do you guys all go on study leave?
Reply 5687
Hey guys, just out of interest is anyone doing the OCR GCSE spanish course? :smile:
Original post by ak2109

10th May broo
Reply 5689
Original post by ak2109

9th May :biggrin:
Original post by Cubic
Many things to do, too little time to do them. :frown: I wake up at 6 so that's 2.5 hours for me. :tongue:

On the upside, I got quite a few results today too! :smile:

Real:
P1A resit - 50 (from 43)
P1B resit - 45 (from 43)
B1B resit - 48 (from 38, really needed this mark!)

Practice:
Maths - 100% using 50 minutes out of 105 minutes. This test was quite easy and I hope that the real one is like it. I got to spend some time reading In Search of Schrodingers Cat too.

A lot of people were doing a P.E exam so we didn't do any work in English. We finished the last topic in geography (tourism) 30 minutes into the lesson and got to talk for the rest of it.

Just come home to find three burgers waiting to be eaten.

What a fantastic day!

Jesus Christ, you need to sleep more!

Well done on your results! Top notch them mate!! You must be chuffed with those! :biggrin:

I also got the results of my Drama Essays today! I got 20/20 in Unit 2, 10/10 In unit 2, and 19/20 in response to a live theatre performance. So im happy with those! :smile:

My girlfriend also got her Maths result today, and she got 99 UMS on one of her papers, she was really happy with that! :smile:
Well done again mate.
evening all - congrats on your results!!!!

not long until study leave for me now... (11th may)..getting scareeeeddd

also got art exam on monday and tuesday 10 hours total :eek:
Reply 5692
Original post by g.k.galloway
evening all - congrats on your results!!!!

not long until study leave for me now... (11th may)..getting scareeeeddd

also got art exam on monday and tuesday 10 hours total :eek:

I have my first 5 hours of it next thursday, the exam has seemed to have come so quickly
Reply 5693
Did u guys get the result u wanted for maths today? i didnt,i feel soo depressed right now,gonna hav to do it again in june..............:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
:s-smilie:
Original post by Anisa xx
Did u guys get the result u wanted for maths today? i didnt,i feel soo depressed right now,gonna hav to do it again in june..............:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

What did you get? :s-smilie:
Original post by iJess
I have my first 5 hours of it next thursday, the exam has seemed to have come so quickly

yeh it really has - i've still got a little bit of book work to finish off before the first day on monday.. our mock was far better as it was on a thursday and friday

did you do a mock?
Congrats to those of you who got the results you wanted.
Reply 5697
Original post by g.k.galloway
yeh it really has - i've still got a little bit of book work to finish off before the first day on monday.. our mock was far better as it was on a thursday and friday

did you do a mock?

Yep but I really have to do well :/ Got C in my first 2 pieces of coursework then a D in mock, so I have to do well in the exam D:
The London Debate is great! C'mon Brian Paddick
How is everybody on this fine evening? :biggrin:

Latest