The Student Room Group

Happiest you've ever been playing a videogame? ‎

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Collecting all the tears in the last sacred realm in Skyward Sword, just about a second away from a guardian getting me.
Playing Journey, singing to my companion all the time, and making it all the way to the top of the mountain.
Reply 142
Beating the elite four :wink:

That or the first time riding into Mexico with Jose Gonzalez's music in Red Dead Redemption... Couldn't help but smile..
playing sonic on my cousins play station 1 about 15 years ago. oh, how i miss simpler times...
Playing Digimon World 1 on the PS1 10 or so years ago, it was great!
Reply 145
Completing Halo on the 'Legendary' setting (in 2003) was something of a personal vindication, so probably that.
Winning 24 million in one hand! YESSSSSSSSS
I've just played Megaman 2 for a few hours, that's probably the unhappiest I've ever been playing a game, it's such a difficult game :angry:
those levels in the crash bandicoot games where you got to ride an animal (polar bear and cat are the main ones i remember) <3
Crash was such a great game, I'd love to play that again
Playing GTA IV multiplayer with a couple of good friends - did it every day for about a year, so much fun to be had.
Reply 151
Probably beating Devil May Cry 3, the story line and cut scenes just made the whole game so enjoyable.
Reply 152
Back in Year 10 me and my two mates would rush home from school to play Call of Duty 3. We used to play an hour long match, with full teams on a huge match. The strategy that went into it was great, and as it was generally fun as it was player matches and not ranked so we didn't have anyone who was there purely for points. Everyone worked as a team during in game chat, competing with strangers and friends to beat a team of strangers for that flag, and stopping a player from returning the flag with a long range sniper or grabbing the last minute winner by just returning the flag is probably the most fun I have ever had.

Then along came Call of Duty 4, with people obsessed with points and ranks and ten years old's screaming down the microphone.
Original post by *Boofle*
5.) Paying off my mortgage in Animal Crossing :biggrin:.

Hey, I play Animal Crossing too, on the 3DS, do you know how to get onto the internet without a WEP connection? I've been trying to find out for ages! Little help? :biggrin:
Original post by PlanetTea
Hey, I play Animal Crossing too, on the 3DS, do you know how to get onto the internet without a WEP connection? I've been trying to find out for ages! Little help? :biggrin:

Yay, there are still Animal Crossers out there :biggrin:

Do you mean wireless internet? You need to have it to be able to connect with others and visit their towns.

If you've got Wi-Fi then this is what it says on the Nintendo website for the 3DS to set it up:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ht_internet.jsp

Hope this helps :smile:
Yay, there are still Animal Crossers out there :biggrin:

Do you mean wireless internet? You need to have it to be able to connect with others and visit their towns.

If you've got Wi-Fi then this is what it says on the Nintendo website for the 3DS to set it up:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ht_internet.jsp

Hope this helps :smile:

Yes! And I love it! I just wish I could figure out how to connect Animal Crossing to the internet so I could go to different towns. I can connect my 3DS to the internet, but apparently I need to change my connection to something called WEP in order to get animal crossing connected *sigh*.

Are you in the UK? Have you been able to connect yourself? I've just got a standard netgear box, with virgin media... but it doesn't want to work D:

Thanks muchly for the help
Yes! And I love it! I just wish I could figure out how to connect Animal Crossing to the internet so I could go to different towns. I can connect my 3DS to the internet, but apparently I need to change my connection to something called WEP in order to get animal crossing connected *sigh*.

Are you in the UK? Have you been able to connect yourself? I've just got a standard netgear box, with virgin media... but it doesn't want to work D:

Thanks muchly for the help

I loaded up my DS Lite for the first time in months to try and help :tongue:

I've never connected it to the internet before, but I get what you mean now, I can't connect either as apparently I'm on a WPA Auto connection and I can't figure out how to change it to WEP. A google search tells me it might compromise the security of my network if I somehow manage to do it, and people are recommending these instead: http://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-Access-Point-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B000BVAPFI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335277544&sr=8-2

They're expensive though :frown:
I loaded up my DS Lite for the first time in months to try and help :tongue:

I've never connected it to the internet before, but I get what you mean now, I can't connect either as apparently I'm on a WPA Auto connection and I can't figure out how to change it to WEP. A google search tells me it might compromise the security of my network if I somehow manage to do it, and people are recommending these instead: http://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-Access-Point-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B000BVAPFI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335277544&sr=8-2

They're expensive though :frown:

My boyfriend has just managed to switch over out internet to WEP, it took him about 10 minutes. Its actually not that difficult, but you have to make sure you save the different passphrases. Also you need to make sure the other devices which use your internet (laptop or xbox, and your DS) are switched over too, but these things take a matter of minutes. I could ask him how exactly he did it and give you a step-by-step thing if you want to change to WEP?
Reply 158
When i beat my brother and my dad at formula1 racing with a renault! Girl power! :')
My boyfriend has just managed to switch over out internet to WEP, it took him about 10 minutes. Its actually not that difficult, but you have to make sure you save the different passphrases. Also you need to make sure the other devices which use your internet (laptop or xbox, and your DS) are switched over too, but these things take a matter of minutes. I could ask him how exactly he did it and give you a step-by-step thing if you want to change to WEP?

That would be really helpful, thanks. I was messing about trying to configure a guest network but I really have no idea what I'm doing :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest