The Student Room Group

Happiest you've ever been playing a videogame? ‎

Scroll to see replies

For me it tends to be when I go back and replay. That is, most if FFIX when Steiner was bumbling around is twice as smile-inducing the second time around.

As for first playthrough... Revenant Wings had me smile most times Basch is being a total badass. It's just so incongruous with the super deformed sprites.
Timesplitters 2 and FP. Absolutely adored those games. Played for hours with my brothers, the story was fabulous aswell!
When me and my mate played a 45 minute each way match in FIFA 06. In the thirtieth minute he shot wide and it counted as a goal, even the replay proved that the ball went wide. The game then froze in the 44 minute, and the score remained to this very day 80-97!
Not the happiest, but I'm always pleased with myself when I can guess who the murderer is in Ace Attorney.
When I was 12 and managed to complete FFVIII - it was the first game i'd ever completed on my own without my brother's help! haha. Wish I could find happiness in such simple things these days!
Lots of great comebacks on Fifa bring a sense of euphoria!

But there is one session of GTA online I never forget; I was pissing about in a chopper by the airport having the time of my life swooping down and hacking people down the ground to pieces before flying off and repeating the action. This happened until a couple of the guys I had annoyed had decided to take a chopper of their own and chase me around in the air, they managed to slice off the back part of my aircraft. I bailed out of my heli from fairly low; I was just marginally higher than the flyover just outside of the airport. I went hurtling through the air and crashed into a tree, then bonked off and down onto the ground. I had the aforementioned chopper hovering around in the air looking for me down on the ground. I took shelter underneath the flyover, got out my RPG and re emerged from underneath to fire a hopeful shot into the air. Somehow it managed to be a direct hit and they both crashed to their deaths! Epic moment! lol :colone:

Also with GTA online, I had great fun inside a fire truck on Bohan; persistently squirting water at some bloke everytime he tried to get himself up off the ground. I had the time of my life squirting the poor defenceless fella down the street until I got bored!
(edited 12 years ago)
Killing Krauser in Resident Evil 4. What a great game, I wanna play it again now...
The first time I destroyed another jet using my jet without using lock on in Battlefield 3 :biggrin:
Original post by FranticMind
Timesplitters 2 and FP. Absolutely adored those games. Played for hours with my brothers, the story was fabulous aswell!

I have such good memories of Timesplitters 2! That game was great. Humorous too.
Reply 109
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
Getting a one man army noob tube nuke on MW2. So cheap and so fun

LOL you were so happy then. And on getting your first nuke. You excuse for a gamer. :tongue:
1.) Listening to Flash FM whilst riding a motorbike in Vice City.

2.) Reaching some magnificent place in Tomb Raider 1/Anniversary and the harp theme music starting to play.

3.) Seeing the Aurora Borealis for the first time in Skyrim whilst riding horseback, and that first glimpse you get of a dragon flying above you in the distance.

4.) Conquering my first dungeon (Deadmines) with the help of friends in World of Warcraft. And finally getting a mount.

5.) Paying off my mortgage in Animal Crossing :biggrin:

6.) Beating a Rockstar game e.g. GTA, Red Dead Redemption, after all the hours you've put in, and having the game world at your feet.

7.) Getting a semi-good ending in Heavy Rain.

8.) Beating Guitar Hero on expert.

9.) Getting a brain age of 20 on Brain Training.

10.) Freeing all the dragons in Spyro the Dragon.
Original post by popple7
and an honourable mention: GTA vice city... smashing golfers up with their own golf clubs and driving over their mangled bodies in a caddy to Vrock.... ****, the day that **** doesnt make me warm on the inside, smash my brains in with a golf club and run over me with a caddy to make sure im dead please.

This made me laugh so hard :biggrin:
When my and my sister woke up at 4:30 in the morning to play Sims 2 after we'd just got it - we played for about 6 hours straight, then went back to bed. :biggrin:
Reply 113
When I first entered Mexico in Red Dead Redemption, with Far Away by Jose Gonzalez playing. Best moment in any game ever for me personally. A close second is the opening to Skyrim.
Reply 114
when completing a level on The Simpsons game which i couldnt do for ages or when i was playing as Man City on football manager and i beat Utd 2-0 to get a champions league spot.
Reply 115
Original post by *WiNdOw LiCkEr*
YES YES!!! God I love the half life series. Can take you from funny scenes with alex to the absolutely devastating hl2 ep2 ending-not happy but the only time I've ever cried at a video game

I cant wait for episode 3. Valve is killing me with the wait.
Reply 116
Original post by Nice Marmite
You sound like a wonderful, wonderful girl :love:

i know how to party :cool: god i wanna play vice city so bad now. another guddun is getting 6 stars and destroying as many FBI/army peeps as poss and trying to get out alive. again, to the soundtrack of VROCKKKKKKKK!

sooooo good.
Reply 117
playing gta vice city back in the day
Also, Timesplitters Future Perfect. Beating that on the hardest difficulty with my ex fiance (back in 2008) and aquiring all the characters gave me a feeling which was very warm. Either that or it was that I pissed myself with excitement.
Reply 119
When I first got San Andreas and was beating a guy mercilessly with a baseball bat while blood poured onto the pavement. I just kept on going long after the guy died, laughing manically. The look on my entire family's faces was just priceless. I was only 9.

My ps2 broke so soon after that, I'm sure it was my rather worried parents.

Quick Reply

Latest